Host seems down - active machines

Hi all,

This is my first try after the starting point and wanted to have some fun. However things didn’t go that well. After I downloaded the vpn package and connect to the lab server with openvpn (got Initialization Sequence Completed), I tried to nmap scan but it tells me the host seems down. Then I tried to ping 10.10.10.3 and got 100% packet loss. I took a look at: Hosts Seems Down - Lame (Retired Machine) - Machines - Hack The Box :: Forums but it didn’t help. Is there a solution?

Thank you.

@Trist3 said:

Hi all,

This is my first try after the starting point and wanted to have some fun. However things didn’t go that well. After I downloaded the vpn package and connect to the lab server with openvpn (got Initialization Sequence Completed), I tried to nmap scan but it tells me the host seems down. Then I tried to ping 10.10.10.3 and got 100% packet loss. I took a look at: Hosts Seems Down - Lame (Retired Machine) - Machines - Hack The Box :: Forums but it didn’t help. Is there a solution?

Thank you.

The first question is have you activated the Lame box?

ah what’s a Lame box?

What is the name of the box you are looking at?

You posted a link to Lame, so I assumed that’s what you were looking at.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

Oh, I was doing the Doctor. 10.10.10.209

@Trist3 said:

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

Oh, I was doing the Doctor. 10.10.10.209

So that explains why pinging 10.10.10.3 (Lame) resulted in 100% packet loss. You need to target 10.10.10.209 but make sure the Doctor machine is active first.

Oops, just tried to ping 10.10.10.209 and it worked! Thank you!

Awesome - glad to hear it! Hope you have fun with Doctor.