Valentine

any tip how to get root on valentine?

any tip how to take root on valentine?

Finally, got root.
My hint: For priv esc. read the to do note.
What he is doing? if this step taking so long
maybe he should be leave his work and come back later :slight_smile:

I have the hype_key, but not sure how you have all worked outs its RSA. It doens’t look like RSA

Oh, forget that. I worked it out. STUPID.

have to use something from rpm to take root privilege?

the way to root was very dirty :stuck_out_tongue:

anyone care to help me out with the formatting of the key? I tried a couple different things, but ssh still says wrong formatting

@cExplr said:

@xeexfix059 said:
I have the key, and I believe the passphrase…however when I try and use the key I get “Load Key : invalid format”…so not sure what’s going on there. Tried multiple means of obtaining the key just in case something messed up. Anyone else figure out what’s up with the key format?

A Good chance that the passphrase might be wrong. (I may be wrong). Try verifying. There is a way of confirming that the passphrase is right. Tel me if i am wrong about this.

So I used the passphrase abc, and the prompt was repeated, I used the potential passphrase and received the “Invalid Format” error, so I believe my passphrase is correct.

I guess my main concern is - is there an issue with the key format? I’ve spent a good amount of time just looking at that.

For username, it is specific to the box but you have already seen it in some form if you are at that point. If someone else has said it didn’t work, don’t take their word for it and try it for yourself.

@thanator77 said:
have to use something from rpm to take root privilege?

nope

Getting root was super easy, I’m worried that piggybacked off of someone else. Can someone pm me how they got root?

Needing help with this machine, if anyone can pm to talk about it that be awesome, I got what looks like a password from the data dump but nothing else, haven’t been able to guess the username either

@xeexfix059 said:

@cExplr said:

@xeexfix059 said:
I have the key, and I believe the passphrase…however when I try and use the key I get “Load Key : invalid format”…so not sure what’s going on there. Tried multiple means of obtaining the key just in case something messed up. Anyone else figure out what’s up with the key format?

A Good chance that the passphrase might be wrong. (I may be wrong). Try verifying. There is a way of confirming that the passphrase is right. Tel me if i am wrong about this.

So I used the passphrase abc, and the prompt was repeated, I used the potential passphrase and received the “Invalid Format” error, so I believe my passphrase is correct.

I guess my main concern is - is there an issue with the key format? I’ve spent a good amount of time just looking at that.

Not too user if this helps but you can look up how RSA private key looks like.
Once that is confirmed, there is a way to check if passphrase is correct. Once you know, you can actually extract the information in the private key and view their contents.

Just rooted. user took me half a day and root 10 min -_- if you need any help PM me

Finally rooted!

It took me days to get user access, because I was too dumb, skipping the basic enumeration and going directly to the exploit.

1. Do the basic enum first! You will find something interesting.
  2. The exploit will return you some helpful data too
  3. 1+1 = 2
  4. Yet again, basic enumeration! Are there some suspicious folders or files?

Regards

hi gays,
any hint about priv escalation i found a service lanched as root any hint for exploitation
i can request from my host 6**

Hello! I’m inside the machine and I’m trying to get the priv esc, but I’ve not found any clue where can I start. Someone could give me a hint?

rooted, pm if you need

Took me WAY longer than it should have to get user.txt, already had the info literally right in my face!.. Definitely not one to over complicate!

how to get the user i got the decode txt and when i try to ssh with it and some user names its not working i tried several usernames names but still no use any hints would be helpful