Official Fibopadcci Discussion

Official discussion thread for Fibopadcci. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

I get this when trying to run server.py file

File "server.py", line 4, in <module>
    from secret import flag, key
ImportError: cannot import name 'flag' from 'secret' (/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/secret/__init__.py)

and that " init.py " file is empty, idk what to do.

1 Like

On the server there will be a file secret.py that contains the flag. We are of course not provided with the real file, so for testing locally you need to create your own secret.py in which you define the variables flag and key.

Fun challenge! Learned a lot of it :slight_smile: Thanks @willwam845 !
If someone needs a small nudge, feel free to send me a pm.

Thanks to @willwam845 for this challenge! Some patience is required and nope, the solution cannot just be lifted off somewhere. Adapting and understanding is key.

@ArtemisFY @zelensky Glad you enjoyed it! :smile:

Could somebody PM, I am getting really confused at this point with the challenge

@blacViking: Mee too…
I already got very good and usefull hints from @ArtemisFY and @willwam845, but I still can’t solve this challenge

Could I PM someone for a hint? I’m still stuck on this challenge and don’t know how to progress further.

Creative challenge! Took me as long to get the socket methods correct, as it did to analyze the crypto, lol.

This is basically a well-known crypto vulnerability, with a fun little twist.

Feel free to PM for hints…

Great challenge, I’m completely obsessed with it!! Thanks a lot @willwam845 :slight_smile:
You made me feel clever… until I hit the socket implementation ^^’

I’m stuck after the decryption of the last byte, but now I learnt how this attack is called so hopefully I’ll see a new trick.

Feel free to PM!

Solved it - I have heard of this trick but haven’t implemented it before.

My hints:

• Draw a diagram of what’s happening - this can help your understanding
  • If you find your program too slow, there’s something you can do to narrow down the search