Official Tenet Discussion

This box was real fun, thanks to @egotisticalSW for creating it. Attack vectors on it were quite enjoyable compared to some of the previous boxes I have done recently.

Type your comment> @d7x said:

This box was real fun, thanks to @egotisticalSW for creating it. Attack vectors on it were quite enjoyable compared to some of the previous boxes I have done recently.

Sharp is a great box so far I’ve seen. Not so hard for a hard box but very logically.

Rooted.

Not sure if it’s acceptable to give hints so early on but just for the foothold because I got stuck on it for a long long time (not even the exploit part, just the enum):
There is more than one way to reach a server, sometimes it worth to backtrack.

Rooted. Most of the time spent was trying to see the code. Facepalm.

enjoyed it
Last login: Wed Jan 13 08:03:48 2021 root@tenet:~# ls root.txt

fun box. pm for hints

I already read the comments but I don’t know what to do, , somebody can give me hint on how to proceed?

something must be going over my head on this box lol losing my touch or something.

Spoiler Removed

can anyone give me hint. I read the comment but can’t find anything

Nice box, root took me a little bit to get over the line, not sure if I did it the right way, but nonetheless was a cool box that I hadn’t seen that type of exploit before.

Cheers creators :slight_smile:

If you are stuck on root, read between the lines.

Type your comment> @PrivacyMonk3y said:

something must be going over my head on this box lol losing my touch or something.

True.
But i realized a foothold xDD
root obtained

Nice box. I liked it.
If you need a hint, hit me up.

i have no idea. what im going to do. i’ve read the comment but i didn’t still get it.

is there any comments aside from n*el ?

Rooted, totally didn’t do it subtle lol.

Shoved that big yellow banana right into that sucker!

I’m inside user n*** and I’ve the flag. Why HTB doesn’t accept the flag???

It says: incorrect flag…

[solved…]

any hints on where the database is stored? something is going over my head too hard

@1z3n said:

is there any comments aside from n*el ?

No. There is a bit of guesswork here but it is a medium box. Look at the hints think of different ways it could be relevant and try them.

@GoofyGoobruh said:

any hints on where the database is stored? something is going over my head too hard

I am not sure you need to find a database.