Official Delivery Discussion

Got user … Learnt one main lesson “keep a track of crystal clear record of what are the steps and procedures done so far”

and I’ll dedicate this phrase from sherlock to this machine ----- "JIM: I knew you’d fall for it. That’s your weakness – you always want everything to be clever. "

hint for the user : you know what to do … but the steps you taken is not in order … so make a note and write all of your steps … and you will find the right way …

rooted!

Honestly a really fun box, Pretty easy too as long as you don’t get held up on foothold. Really great attack vector for the foothold overall. Root was relatively simple but could hold you up for a while.

Hints:

User: Pay very close attention to what the box gives you. It might help to first play around with all the box has to offer, and then set a clear goal as to what you need. Once you see it everything should fall into place.

Root: The box tells you what you need, all you need to figure out is how to get it. Google it. After that, if you are having trouble with the last part, take the hint the box gave you.

My PMs are open for any additional nudges

Finally rooted, I spent way to long on the very last part when I really didn’t need to. If you are sat there for hours pressing [s] stop!!

Type your comment> @dulcea said:

I have tried for a long time, but I still can’t get the User. I have no idea to get the verification email, which may have something to do with my poor English. I have been using Google translation to understand the webpage, can someone give me some hints?

same problem with me !

It’s an easy box. But make sure whatever you use for enum is latest version. Got bitten by that ?

Stuck on foothold. must be missing something. can someone nudge me please.

Rooted :slight_smile: nice box ; you just have to follow the clues indeed; reading carefully is indeed very important ^^
PM for nudges if needed :wink:
Enjoy HTB !

Type your comment> @imimo said:

Type your comment> @dulcea said:

I have tried for a long time, but I still can’t get the User. I have no idea to get the verification email, which may have something to do with my poor English. I have been using Google translation to understand the webpage, can someone give me some hints?

same problem with me !

there’s no hidden message if that’s what you guys referred too.
the workflow is a bit tricky at first, but once you realise what each
system is responsible for - you shouldn’t have any issues.

@FNGCrysis said:
Lol don’t waste hours trying to use random rules

~~That’s what I am doing for the past few hours. Can anyone nudge me? ~~

Spoiler Removed

Type your comment> @rahul406 said:

@FNGCrysis said:
Lol don’t waste hours trying to use random rules

~~That’s what I am doing for the past few hours. Can anyone nudge me? ~~

Im on if you need a nudge.

Type your comment> @number8 said:

hi all just checking If I am on the right path for root > PS! ?

yes.

Does user have anything to do with the t****t form? P.S. I’m not sure what is a spoiler or not so please flag me,

thanks @0xczar @benmadcow for guiding me on the last step!

Im quite new to HTB,
I found some other webpages.
i don’t know what to do next…so can i get clues or nudges…i could find them helpful.

Thanks in advance

Type your comment> @BurnDem said:

Im quite new to HTB,
I found some other webpages.
i don’t know what to do next…so can i get clues or nudges…i could find them helpful.

Thanks in advance

Just click all those sites trough, read everything, and most importantly: try all actions out, and pay close attention to their effects.

Just finished it. I am also new, and it introduced me to new tools and practices, but it was a fun box.

User was fun. Really simple if you follow the advice already in this thread.

I’m fairly certain I know how to get root based on the other breadcrumbs and hints in the environment but h*****t is taking a long time. Maybe I’m not running it correctly?

Type your comment> @gfo said:

User was fun. Really simple if you follow the advice already in this thread.

I’m fairly certain I know how to get root based on the other breadcrumbs and hints in the environment but h*****t is taking a long time. Maybe I’m not running it correctly?

If you are doing it correctly, takes 30 seconds.

Yeah… I am definitely not then :blush:

Mind if I DM you my strategy?

root@Delivery:~# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

One thing I want to say that this box will surely taught to stay organized. Everything you need is right under your eye. Just focus and extract the meaning out of it. Needed nudge? DM me.