Official Delivery Discussion

Type your comment> @menis said:

Type your comment> @Faisallkhann said:

Really struggling with foothold. Tried uploading files, and I think that there must be a way to get into the generated @ from ot on m***t. Any nudge would be really appreciated as I’m very much a beginner.

Have you read everything in the first page?
if yes, did you read the info after you create ticket?

yep, I can see that a @ related to the t***** is generated, and that it will be valid on m*********. I did think about trying to brute with common creds but that always seems like the wrong approach for htb, and i looked for default ones, but I could find any. Am I missing something obvious?

Read the info closer, what does that @ do? Read the hints and think about how the everything pieces together.

@Faisallkhann said:
I’m stuck after the user flag.
i don’t know what to do with c****.j**n
Any hint please?

Think about what is stored in there? Which services does the platform use?

Type your comment> @edyun said:

Really struggling with foothold. Tried uploading files, and I think that there must be a way to get into the generated @ from ot on m***t. Any nudge would be really appreciated as I’m very much a beginner.

yep, I can see that a @ related to the t***** is generated, and that it will be valid on m*********. I did think about trying to brute with common creds but that always seems like the wrong approach for htb, and i looked for default ones, but I could find any. Am I missing something obvious?

Read the info closer, what does that @ do? Read the hints and think about how the everything pieces together.

Surely it isn’t actually actually updating the info at the @? Can I PM you? I’m now even more confused

Type your comment> @edyun said:

Surely it isn’t actually actually updating the info at the @? Can I PM you? I’m now even more confused

For sure, PM me.

Rooted!
foothold + user: this part show the importance of writing down what you know and what you need; maybe you already have access to what you need…
root: follow the hints

Got user, working on root now…So far it seems pretty straightforward, but lets see if I’m able to apply the “hint”

can I get a sanity check if anyone is available please PM me

Never mind I have user now. I was trying the right way on the wrong thing

Got user
With root, how can i find out ****?. I think we should find out ****…
Rooted!

Type your comment> @Embargo said:

Got user
With root, how can i find out ****?. I think we should find out ****…

I’m working on root and I don’t understand your **** reference. You can DM me for more open discussion.

Just rooted! Pretty fun and straightforward box. DM for nudges.
PS: I’m disconnecting so I won’t be able to reply during some hours :frowning: But if you drop me a DM I’ll reply as soon as I can!

Rooted, very fun box.

I was definitely over thinking the initial part… User was fun. Now on to root!

EDIT: rooted. Fun box! The note with inspiration for this machine was a very nice touch.

Any nudge on the foothold? I’m just stuck

Great confidence builder of a box after a long break from HTB

Really cool box - had to fight for user, but after leaning back and thinking to myself “What do I have? And what do I need?” everything clicked.

@ippsec Thanks!

Great box, took a few hours on a Sunday and a few WTF / facepalm moments…

I did it… Rooted… And i am a total beginner, so kind of proud ? i am looking for the next challenges…

@ippsec thank you for offering this opportunity here and doing such a great job

Phew!! Finally Rooted! :neutral:
After this, i think i really need to practice Hashcat, a lot! :smiley:

Very fun box. If you need a hint to move forward, just ensure to read all information carefully

got user, going for root.

edit -
rooted (:
Nice box! @ippsec