Official Ready Discussion

@shadyslice said:
I am hitting a road block elevating the privs in the d***** c********. I have tried several different ways but keep falling up short. I think that I have all the information i need to login as r***. Any nudges in the right direction?

same with me brother

is someone doing ddos Ready box ? I found it keep being outage and came back

@shadyslice said:

I am hitting a road block elevating the privs in the d***** c********. I have tried several different ways but keep falling up short. I think that I have all the information i need to login as r***. Any nudges in the right direction?

@in3vitab13 said:

have the r***_p*** but still cant get root by it!
also found ssh_keys…in a file…even that didnt work!
where should i head?

You might want to check how you are trying to become the account you are trying to become. If you have loot which begins with w and ends with h, it should work easily.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@ThymineDNA said:

Already tried, didn’t work at all. I think it has to do with the new Kali console, it looks a little bit weird to me

When you say it didn’t work - what happened?

Having a dummy shell, upon entering that command, no output is seen at all. And from that moment on, no command work and have to abort and restablish the reverse shell.

Type your comment> @ThymineDNA said:

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@ThymineDNA said:

Already tried, didn’t work at all. I think it has to do with the new Kali console, it looks a little bit weird to me

When you say it didn’t work - what happened?

Having a dummy shell, upon entering that command, no output is seen at all. And from that moment on, no command work and have to abort and restablish the reverse shell.

For those with the same struggle, it was my shell’s prompt. So fancy that it wouldn’t work well in certain scenarios. Changed to have it oneliner and removed unnecessary decoration, leaving something like this in .bashrc

PS1=$prompt_color'${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}('$info_color'\u${prompt_symbol}\h'$prompt_color')-[\[\033[0;1m\]\w'$prompt_color']'

(Default was

PS1=$prompt_color'┌──${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)──}('$info_color'\u${prompt_symbol}\h'$prompt_color')-[\[\033[0;1m\]\w'$prompt_color']\n'$prompt_color'└─'$info_color'\$\[\033[0m\] '

)

@TazWake Rooted finally! I was thinking there was a more fundamental issue than what was really happening and did not even try that.

Finally after a long break from HTB, rooted READY machine. Learned cool things in READY machine. Thanks @TazWake for the motivation and guidance. Also thanks @Harbard for the nudges. :smile:

Feel free to PM for nudges if you are stuck

foothold: public exploit with a little tweak
root: 1. understand the infrastructure of box
2. look in the files closely
3. if you are a linpeas user then you will get it quickly
4. once you are at the perfect stage, google is your friend on the way to root
just search properly. all the best

Hey Guys and Gals, I am having issues. Still trying to get a foothold. I found that the service is vulnerable to RCE, So after some googling I found a video by LiveOverflow and 2 python scripts. I understand I have to modify them a bit but I am still getting some errors about “AttributeError: ‘bytes’ object has no attribute ‘format’” and when I try to use python 2.7 I get and an error about " IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/random_words/nouns.dat’"

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Type your comment> @Raskul82 said:

Hey Guys and Gals, I am having issues. Still trying to get a foothold. I found that the service is vulnerable to RCE, So after some googling I found a video by LiveOverflow and 2 python scripts. I understand I have to modify them a bit but I am still getting some errors about “AttributeError: ‘bytes’ object has no attribute ‘format’” and when I try to use python 2.7 I get and an error about " IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/random_words/nouns.dat’"

are you SURE it’s not written in python 3?

Type your comment> @Arty0m said:

When I try 3 I get this:
Spoiler Removed

Type your comment> @Arty0m said:

When I try 3 I get this:
Spoiler Removed

Hey Raskul82,

So, there are a few modifications for using that script in python3. To eliminate: AttributeError: ‘bytes’ object has no attribute ‘format’

You need only delete the ‘b’ after payload=

b in python3 denotes a bytes object, which doesn’t work with format in python3. There are a few other edits I needed to make in order to make it work with python3, so feel free to DM.

Hey Guy and Gals,

So I am using a script and I moved passed my initial errors but now I am getting this error:

Spoiler Removed

** so I got some advice I set up listener to verify the connection and found my issue**

has anyone have time ? I will pm , i just want to discuss on READY box . I need a hint :(. Thank you for your time and guidance.

@dlhai1986 said:

has anyone have time ? I will pm , i just want to discuss on READY box . I need a hint :(. Thank you for your time and guidance.

What hint do you need?

Hello guys wish you a happy new year. I’m stuck in getting a foothold. When I run the exploit I get this error. Help would be really appreciated.

File “.py", line 64, in
init(username,cookie,authenticity_token,localport,localip)
File "
.py”, line 55, in init
namespace_id=nsid[0][‘value’];
IndexError: list index out of range

@Dilan said:

Hello guys wish you a happy new year. I’m stuck in getting a foothold. When I run the exploit I get this error. Help would be really appreciated.

File “.py", line 64, in
init(username,cookie,authenticity_token,localport,localip)
File "
.py”, line 55, in init
namespace_id=nsid[0][‘value’];
IndexError: list index out of range

You might find this bit easier to do with a manual attack or a different exploit.

@TazWake
I found another exploit. In the final stage getting an error. Help would be appreciated

File “*****.py”, line 122, in
http_server = raw_input("Continue (Y/N) : ")
NameError: name ‘raw_input’ is not defined

Type your comment> @Dilan said:

@TazWake
I found another exploit. In the final stage getting an error. Help would be appreciated

File “****.py”, line 122, in
http_server = raw_input("Continue (Y/N) : ")
NameError: name ‘raw_input’ is not defined

Hey man in python2.7 “raw_input” works but in python3 you need to change it to “input”

Hey,

So I was able to get Users and now I am on the system as g**. I ran LinPEAS and LinEnum but to be honest. I’m not 100% sure where I should I be looking. Any advice?