OSCP Passed on 1st attempt, my entire journey and thanks to the HTB Community!

I have finally at long last achieved my OSCP certification on my 1st attempt!

I went through so many ups and downs, so many struggles and battled failure many times to get where I am now, I built up a lot of confidence, self-belief and courage along the way too. I came from a boxing background and had 0 previous experience or knowledge in cyber security or computing. I was/am doing a Cyber Security degree however anyone can pass exams and make it to University! I didn’t find my passion for hacking until a long time forward.

I made this blog in hopes of inspiring and motivating other students or newbies in InfoSec - not to flaunt my success. Its a really long read around 20minutes (29 according to Medium) but honestly It’s worth it especially reading through to the end

I give tips and advice for newbies and intermediates, some of you may already know me from Twitter since I’m really active there but if not - feel free to drop me a follow and a message in the DM’s if my blog helped you in any way!

You can view my story above ^ I urge you all to read this as I believe it will help you all in your studies!

Oh, also MANY thanks to this community! The forums are where I started and HackTheBox was where I got my feet first wet, went through a lot of painful times but exciting and great times :smiley: I owe it all to this community - couldn’t have done it without HTB being a thing! Truly grateful

Thank you :slight_smile:

Well done!

Congrats man! Nice work!

Well done, @Rainsec . Just curious about the Proving Grounds. Why didn’t you like them?

I am currently preparing myself as well. Congratulations!

Thank you all guys!

@tkSEC I didn’t like them because honestly (i forgot to add this part in) but it railed me on another level ■■■■. Idk I just didnt like them, couldn’t feel in my groove with them and it just felt odd from what I’ve been doing prior

I passed still on 10hours in 75/100 so you definitely don’t NEED PG in your practice schedule - however if you’re going through them and you enjoy then I suppose stick at it!

Congrats. I read your post and you’r really good. R U from Europe or Murica? I also made some Boran and Kali (FMA) when I was studying but I’m not so fast as you on the keyboard or in the cage :smiley:

@Rainsec, I see. Thanks :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @LPHermanos said:

Congrats. I read your post and you’r really good. R U from Europe or Murica? I also made some Boran and Kali (FMA) when I was studying but I’m not so fast as you on the keyboard or in the cage :smiley:

Thanks bro I appreciate, hard work pays off in the end! I’m from UK and hahaha! Now that OSCP is finally off my chest definitely going back to my roots of boxing, shall see what happens in 2021

Well done. Thanks for the article I will read a bit later.

Well done :slight_smile: OSCP is like HTB easy ~ medium machines ?