Official Ready Discussion

Rooted. The exploit in the laboratory was patched in this version, but a few hours ago a working script for the foothold was released, so… it makes the machine even easier…

For “user”: read files and login
for root: read the other files again and notice the true path. You can do this at least in two ways

user got it, any hint with root?

Type your comment> @balkan said:

finally root, working in escape

edit got it i was just blind hahahhaha

finally root, working in escape

finally rooted and got root.txt! feel free to pm me :slight_smile:

Not a bad box. I’ve had enough of gitlab for a bit, though. User is easy if you find the right info online, and root is a standard d***** escape technique. Thanks!

rooted!

I’ve noticed that r_p file, which leads me to the red** service.
Should I be able to escape this game using that service ?

edit: nvm (:

can someone PM me please. I cant even go for initial foothold. I am 99% sure Im going after what is needed but idk exp. code doesnt work.

UPDATE: NVM got it was overthinking :slight_smile:

In need of a tiny nudge on the e***** if anyone’s feeling generous to get me out of the rabbit hole I think I am in. Got the second half of it worked out (I think), just can’t get to where I need to be permission-wise to use it!

I don’t find the way for obtain the root flag, please, help me

Done. I really enjoyed this box. Both paths were pretty straight forward but still interesting.

No idea why its rated with so few stars.

You can write me if you are stuck. Please also explain what you tried.

Working on real r*** so for found a cr******* and got r*** in d***** but can’t escape from it!

Edit: Got root

I was able to get the user flag, but I am stuck on how to move forward. I’ve tried many ways to escape to root but I am struggling. Can someone PM me a nudge? Thanks in advance.

User and root are at the same place. Look for something not usual

Inside config file always have great nudges.

Hey Guys, could I ask for a nudge oon upgrading the initial shell, having real troubles with it, i’m starting to think that its due to me using ZSH in Kali2020.4 as when backgrounding a task and foregrounding it everything seems to go to s***

Root : there is different ways to escape from d*****, there is one that works for sure (proc*****) it is universally u***** identifier (u***),
don’t overthinking with 4 commands you got the root

whooohh this is really got me going, i got two methods to get the root flag, feel free to DM if anyone need some help

@Cyberzombi3 said:
Hey Guys, could I ask for a nudge oon upgrading the initial shell, having real troubles with it, i’m starting to think that its due to me using ZSH in Kali2020.4 as when backgrounding a task and foregrounding it everything seems to go to s***

the usual upgrading of a reverse shell doesnt work with zsh.
The easiest fix is to just start your nc listener from bash not zsh.