Official Ready Discussion

got user. working on root.

Hi people.

Yesterday a get the user flag by lab method, but today I trying the same method but the server answer with http 500. Anybody have this same problem?

@embranco said:

Hi people.

Yesterday a get the user flag by lab method, but today I trying the same method but the server answer with http 500. Anybody have this same problem?

Maybe they patched that unintended path. At least for me it also doesn’t work with the lab method (and the ready made exploit also doesn’t work, even with modified payloads :confused: )

Rooted.
I mean, this one was waaaaaay eaiser than laboratory. Really weird how machines difficulties are rated…
Great box btw. Congrats to the devs.

1 Like

Stuck to get d*** user, found the r_p file but it doesn’t work for any user, any nudge?

Rooted. Thanks to @menessim for helping me with r*** inside of the whale land.

Foothold: It’s very well documented on the internet and someone just released an exploit for it (didn’t use it), search for it.
User: It’s clear as a crystal, just search in somewhere “uncommon” (shame on me for being blind and not searching for it very well).
Root: Even if you having super powers you are in jail, use your strength to escape.

Type your comment> @No0x01 said:

User was fun… root is driving me insane. Doesn’t help that I can’t seem to get an interactive shell to work…

Hello brother.

Got root user but struglging to breakout of jail ,any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

I have a reverse shell as g** but can’t read user flag? =
Update: Nevermind.

@foalma321 said:
Got root user but struglging to breakout of jail ,any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Any luck with this? I’m stuck at the same spot

edit: nvm I got it, pm me if you’re still stuck

Rooted.
Really enjoyed this box.
PM me for help if you’re stuck.

Nice Machine

If any way doesn’t work try another. Very important discover the version of service at enumeration. After that everything become more easy.

Congrats @bertolis Very fun machine

Type your comment> @TheGradient said:

@foalma321 said:

Any luck with this? I’m stuck at the same spot

edit: nvm I got it, pm me if you’re still stuck

edit: nvm got it too lol
rooted

@foalma321 said:

edit: nvm sorted.
Finally

rooted

Spoiler Removed

Rooted. The exploit in the laboratory was patched in this version, but a few hours ago a working script for the foothold was released, so… it makes the machine even easier…

For “user”: read files and login
for root: read the other files again and notice the true path. You can do this at least in two ways

user got it, any hint with root?

Type your comment> @balkan said:

finally root, working in escape

edit got it i was just blind hahahhaha

finally root, working in escape

finally rooted and got root.txt! feel free to pm me :slight_smile: