Official Luanne Discussion

I got a foothold, but I can’t seem to figure out how to escalate my shell.

Rooted after spending hours on rabbit holes!
Always struggling with easy boxes

Managed to root after spinning my wheels a bit. :lol:
Learned some things about NetBSD.
PM me for nudges or for discussion. :slight_smile:

Fianlly done, really wanted to get it finished on release day but didn’t think it would take me 8 hours for an easy box :neutral:

Looking back on it, this was actually a pretty ‘simple’ box but if you don’t know what to look for/what is happening you are screwed. Spent 10x as long on foothold/user then on root.

Found the largest cities in england - if that makes sense… not quite sure what to do with these though.

Type your comment> @NickisyourFan said:

Found the largest cities in england - if that makes sense… not quite sure what to do with these though.

History!

Would somebody DM me nudges for user. I tired a lot of things but cant seem to get a rev-shell

I can’t even get the initial foothold… some nudges would be appreciated

nice box Rooted!

Type your comment> @RJGordon said:

I found a thing pretty quickly but it seems like the thing that I found is no longer vulnerable to the other thing anymore so I will have to find new things to exploit the thing or maybe find a different thing all together. The thing I found is breathing down my neck…

Does that make sense?

Yup it does :slight_smile: I guess my first post should make sense too because I’m still stuck at this stage

Not sure if I should deial or check the we****r from r*****.*xt, nudges?

Same, but no idea what to do with it

Type your comment> @Goggstar said:

Same, but no idea what to do with it

Tinker around

got the creds to s*vr but not knowing to do here

This is by no means an easy box, HTB should reevaluate the rating system imho.
What we call easy today was a medium box a year ago imho.

Anyway rooted! :wink:

Rooted, finally :slight_smile:

hostname
luanne.htb
id
uid=0(root) gid=0(wheel) > groups=0(wheel),2(kmem),3(sys),4(tty),5(operator),20(staff),31(guest),34(nvmm)

Feel free to PM if any help is needed.

Type your comment> @DancinHype said:

History!

Darn… History… Not my strongest subject! I see one that really sticks out, though. Maybe?

Spoiler Removed

Finally Rooted! But honestly again after Laboratory this was marked easy but wasn’t just like the one before! Lot of new things to learn and its easy for only those who have seen exactly this stuff before.
But overall its a nice well made box for sure! thanks @polarbearer !

Spoiler Removed