Official Luanne Discussion

I have a shell. I have creds for the main port now along with the high port.
Looking where to go from here… hmmmmm

stuck with foothold
attempts with *****= no results

I got a foothold, but I can’t seem to figure out how to escalate my shell.

Rooted after spending hours on rabbit holes!
Always struggling with easy boxes

Managed to root after spinning my wheels a bit. :lol:
Learned some things about NetBSD.
PM me for nudges or for discussion. :slight_smile:

Fianlly done, really wanted to get it finished on release day but didn’t think it would take me 8 hours for an easy box :neutral:

Looking back on it, this was actually a pretty ‘simple’ box but if you don’t know what to look for/what is happening you are screwed. Spent 10x as long on foothold/user then on root.

Found the largest cities in england - if that makes sense… not quite sure what to do with these though.

Type your comment> @NickisyourFan said:

Found the largest cities in england - if that makes sense… not quite sure what to do with these though.

History!

Would somebody DM me nudges for user. I tired a lot of things but cant seem to get a rev-shell

I can’t even get the initial foothold… some nudges would be appreciated

nice box Rooted!

Type your comment> @RJGordon said:

I found a thing pretty quickly but it seems like the thing that I found is no longer vulnerable to the other thing anymore so I will have to find new things to exploit the thing or maybe find a different thing all together. The thing I found is breathing down my neck…

Does that make sense?

Yup it does :slight_smile: I guess my first post should make sense too because I’m still stuck at this stage

Not sure if I should deial or check the we****r from r*****.*xt, nudges?

Same, but no idea what to do with it

Type your comment> @Goggstar said:

Same, but no idea what to do with it

Tinker around

got the creds to s*vr but not knowing to do here

This is by no means an easy box, HTB should reevaluate the rating system imho.
What we call easy today was a medium box a year ago imho.

Anyway rooted! :wink:

Rooted, finally :slight_smile:

hostname
luanne.htb
id
uid=0(root) gid=0(wheel) > groups=0(wheel),2(kmem),3(sys),4(tty),5(operator),20(staff),31(guest),34(nvmm)

Feel free to PM if any help is needed.

Type your comment> @DancinHype said:

History!

Darn… History… Not my strongest subject! I see one that really sticks out, though. Maybe?

Spoiler Removed