Official Luanne Discussion

Official discussion thread for Luanne. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

Comments

• Did he patch that thing in the dev version ? xD

• found something, let's see

aimforthehead

• I think I know what to do. But it seems like information about this specific attack path is rather sparse :(

Hack The Box
    GREM | OSCE | GASF | eJPT

• wow! So little comments? Glad that trolls are not hanging around dosing the machine

• edited November 2020
    Hmmm I believe I found the entry point. It takes certain things and returns info - trying to escape it but end up breaking the app in the process.
    `attempt to call a nil value`
    🤔

Does this seem right to others?

zweeden

• edited November 2020

I found a thing pretty quickly but it seems like the thing that I found is no longer vulnerable to the other thing anymore so I will have to find new things to exploit the thing or maybe find a different thing all together. The thing I found is breathing down my neck...

Does that make sense?

Hack The Box Bade

• edited November 2020

@zweeden said:

Hmmm I believe I found the entry point. It takes certain things and returns info - trying to escape it but end up breaking the app in the process.
    attempt to call a nil value
    🤔

Does this seem right to others?

Got the same, but am starting to think it is a rabbit hole. Though the other thing also looks like a rabbit hole. Damn, I dislike alleged "easy" boxes :D

@RJGordon said:

I found a thing pretty quickly but it seems like the thing that I found is no longer vulnerable to the other thing anymore so I will have to find new things to exploit the thing or maybe find a different thing all together. The thing I found is breathing down my neck...

Does that make sense?

Well, that's the other thing I found :D

There has to be something I'm missing, here.

Hack The Box
    GREM | OSCE | GASF | eJPT

• one more time its not a easy machine !

• edited November 2020

@HomeSen said:

Well, that's the other thing I found :D

There has to be something I'm missing, here.

Seems like either the thing speaks fictions when asked, or the scroll of knowledge is inaccurate. Further investigation required.

edit:

:D

Hack The Box Bade

• Found it! But can't get access yet.

• I have a shell. I have creds for the main port now along with the high port.
    Looking where to go from here... hmmmmm

zweeden

• edited November 2020

stuck with foothold
    attempts with *****= no results

• I got a foothold, but I can't seem to figure out how to escalate my shell.

• Rooted after spending hours on rabbit holes!
    Always struggling with easy boxes

• edited November 2020

Managed to root after spinning my wheels a bit. :lol:
    Learned some things about NetBSD.
    PM me for nudges or for discussion. :)

zweeden

• Fianlly done, really wanted to get it finished on release day but didn't think it would take me 8 hours for an easy box :neutral:

Looking back on it, this was actually a pretty 'simple' box but if you don't know what to look for/what is happening you are screwed. Spent 10x as long on foothold/user then on root.

• Found the largest cities in england - if that makes sense... not quite sure what to do with these though.

• Type your comment> @NickisyourFan said:

Found the largest cities in england - if that makes sense... not quite sure what to do with these though.

History!

Hack The Box

• Would somebody DM me nudges for user. I tired a lot of things but cant seem to get a rev-shell

• I can't even get the initial foothold... some nudges would be appreciated

• nice box Rooted!
  • Type your comment> @RJGordon said:

Does that make sense?

Yup it does :) I guess my first post should make sense too because I'm still stuck at this stage

• Not sure if I should de***ial*** or check the we****r from r*****.*xt, nudges?
  • Type your comment> @NickisyourFan said:

Found the largest cities in england - if that makes sense... not quite sure what to do with these though.

Same, but no idea what to do with it

• Type your comment> @Goggstar said:

Type your comment> @NickisyourFan said:

Same, but no idea what to do with it

Tinker around

• got the creds to s****v***r but not knowing to do here

• This is by no means an easy box, HTB should reevaluate the rating system imho.
    What we call easy today was a medium box a year ago imho.

Anyway rooted! ;)

• Rooted, finally :)

hostname
    luanne.htb
    id
    uid=0(root) gid=0(wheel) > groups=0(wheel),2(kmem),3(sys),4(tty),5(operator),20(staff),31(guest),34(nvmm)

Feel free to PM if any help is needed.

• Type your comment> @DancinHype said:

Type your comment> @NickisyourFan said:

History!

Darn... History... Not my strongest subject! I see one that really sticks out, though. Maybe?

• Spoiler Removed

Sign In to comment.