Official Luanne Discussion

Official discussion thread for Luanne. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

Did he patch that thing in the dev version ? xD

found something, let’s see

I think I know what to do. But it seems like information about this specific attack path is rather sparse :frowning:

wow! So little comments? Glad that trolls are not hanging around dosing the machine

Hmmm I believe I found the entry point. It takes certain things and returns info - trying to escape it but end up breaking the app in the process.
attempt to call a nil value
?

Does this seem right to others?

I found a thing pretty quickly but it seems like the thing that I found is no longer vulnerable to the other thing anymore so I will have to find new things to exploit the thing or maybe find a different thing all together. The thing I found is breathing down my neck…

Does that make sense?

@zweeden said:

Hmmm I believe I found the entry point. It takes certain things and returns info - trying to escape it but end up breaking the app in the process.
attempt to call a nil value
?

Does this seem right to others?

Got the same, but am starting to think it is a rabbit hole. Though the other thing also looks like a rabbit hole. ■■■■, I dislike alleged “easy” boxes :smiley:

@RJGordon said:

I found a thing pretty quickly but it seems like the thing that I found is no longer vulnerable to the other thing anymore so I will have to find new things to exploit the thing or maybe find a different thing all together. The thing I found is breathing down my neck…

Does that make sense?

Well, that’s the other thing I found :smiley:

There has to be something I’m missing, here.

one more time its not a easy machine !

@HomeSen said:

Well, that’s the other thing I found :smiley:

There has to be something I’m missing, here.

Seems like either the thing speaks fictions when asked, or the scroll of knowledge is inaccurate. Further investigation required.

edit:

:smiley:

Found it! But can’t get access yet.

I have a shell. I have creds for the main port now along with the high port.
Looking where to go from here… hmmmmm

stuck with foothold
attempts with *****= no results

I got a foothold, but I can’t seem to figure out how to escalate my shell.

Rooted after spending hours on rabbit holes!
Always struggling with easy boxes

Managed to root after spinning my wheels a bit. :lol:
Learned some things about NetBSD.
PM me for nudges or for discussion. :slight_smile:

Fianlly done, really wanted to get it finished on release day but didn’t think it would take me 8 hours for an easy box :neutral:

Looking back on it, this was actually a pretty ‘simple’ box but if you don’t know what to look for/what is happening you are screwed. Spent 10x as long on foothold/user then on root.

Found the largest cities in england - if that makes sense… not quite sure what to do with these though.

Type your comment> @NickisyourFan said:

Found the largest cities in england - if that makes sense… not quite sure what to do with these though.

History!

Would somebody DM me nudges for user. I tired a lot of things but cant seem to get a rev-shell