Official Laboratory Discussion

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@dragonista said:

Man, the 502’s been there for like 45 minutes…

If you have the time, please report this to HTB. Even if they are fairly dismissive (as when I reported it :smile: ), it will give them metrics which highlight the problem.

Funny enough, when i tried to do that, I believe yesterday, the support page was unnaccessible, lol.

I can’t submit the root flag. I tried three times with three different flags and it doesn’t work, so I submitted two tickets, one regarding that 502 issue, and another one for the flag. That’s weird though, I tried three servers, waited a whole night, reseted the machine, but… neh.

Anyway, regarding the machine, now that it’s rooted, thanks to @TazWake who held my hand for the last step (literally, I’m ashamed I missed that lol), I can say that it’s definitely not an easy machine even though the root part is like… one of the first thing you learn in hacking ? x)

There’s plenty of help and hints available for the way up to user, for root I’d only say that maybe it’s been a nightmare for you to get there, but don’t forget difficulty is always relative to your skillzZz, right ?

@TheFlanman91 said:

• If you’re building a new VM, snapshots are great right before you install anything that you may make a mistake on… Reverting a snapshot is way quicker than reinstalling an OS.

I know right ? I went through the whole installation process three times… :smiley: