Tabby machine problems

@jotunr said:

Hello, world!

Hi

Well, I have two problems.

1. I have managed to pawn tabby’s user and I am in the process of doing the privilege escalation.
    Everything works fine, until I upload the two files(lxd.tar.xz and rootfs.squashfs into the vulnerable server) until I get to this error:
ash@tabby:/tmp$ lxc image import lxd.tar.xz rootfs.squashfs --alias alpine lxc image import lxd.tar.xz rootfs.squashfs --alias alpine Error: open lxd.tar.xz: no such file or directory

First, you might find better tips by posting to the thread for this box: Official Tabby Discussion - Machines - Hack The Box :: Forums - someone else might have already mentioned this.

The message implies the box thinks it cant find lxd.tar.xz

Are you 100% confident it is called that and has been uploaded to the location the command will check.

You might find better luck with ./ to specify the director you are running the command from rather than wherever it will search.

1. All of a sudden today, I can not ping the machine (10.10.10.194) and I can’t even enter the megahacking website through the browser. Could the machine be down today or is it my fault?

This is a retired machine. You need to be on a VIP connection and “activate” the box before you can use it.

If you are on a VIP connection and you have activated the box so it is showing up as assigned to you, then it is likely to be a problem on the box.

In addition to that, when I am trying to check apache2’s status(or start it(, I get an error like that:
Job for apache2.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See “systemctl status apache2.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.

Is that on the remote machine or yours?