Official Laboratory Discussion

Foothold was really painful. SomeONE helped and guided me with a lot of patience, thank you very much, once again.

But watch it yourself, we documented this process very thoroughly:

That was just foothold. After that things got better.

@iHeyHey said:

@msimonelli said:

I can’t for the life of me find the user flag, I’ve been searching for over 4 hours. Any nudges?

You’re probably not in the ‘right’ machine yet! You know some users, check where you are and what you can do from there

I got it, cheers

can someone give any nudge about user? i’m currently in c*******r but don’t know how to escape. is it needed to use exploit or something else ?

Type your comment> @Skyr00 said:

can someone give any nudge about user? i’m currently in c*******r but don’t know how to escape. is it needed to use exploit or something else ?

DM’d you

i got sec***.yml have all the keys how and where to use that. can anyone help please

I got a shell and I’m in the c*******r but I don’t know that to do. Can someone PM me?

Type your comment> @mrg3ntl3m4n said:

I got a shell and I’m in the c*******r but I don’t know that to do. Can someone PM me?

did you use sec***.yml key to get the shell?

People will find this box a lot easier when they stop thinking of it as a ‘G*****’ exercise and start thinking of it as a Google exercise :smile:

Type your comment> @hb86125295 said:

Type your comment> @mrg3ntl3m4n said:

did you use sec***.yml key to get the shell?

I will PM you

Stuck at user d*****. Ran some Linux enum but couldn’t catch what I need. Can someone PM me for help?

Finally rooted. Rating of these machine is seriously misleading. While I would rate difficulties of user 4/10 and root 2/10 the foothold goes up to 11.

I think misleading ratings are detrimental to new users because they would expect something much simpler. I wonder how many newcomers just said F–it and dropped their interest altogether. Just compare this machine to Nest or OpenAdmin on one (easy) hand and Doctor and Blackfield on the other(hard). I understand that this is debatable coz what we know is easy and what we don’t know is hard. But c’mon - chaining exploits while installing full G***** suite is not f… easy.

To end this long rant-thank you @0xc45 for enjoyable machine and great learning experience. Looking forward to your next machine. Also thanks to @waza for great hint that allowed me to proceed.

stop in foothold
use CVE *** Access to limited information(/e**/pas***),but can’t get shell
I missing any important information
please PM me

i know about the G***** page but I can’t seem to get into it, can someone pm me with a nudge

The hardest easy machine I have ever made. But it’s been fun and I’ve learned some new things! Thanks @0xc45 !

The g***** only answer with error 502…

Would really appreciate a nudge on root. Everyone is saying it’s easy but I’m totally lost…

Hi! Does anyone have a tip for the user?

Finally rooted. I was stuck on root for hours. Felt really dumb once I finally figured it out. Thank you to @SpawnZii for confirming I was in the right spot. Feel free to message for nudges, but as always let me know what you’ve tried

can anyone help me with the initial foothold? pm me here or on discord
Krispee Karim#5177

Finally rooted.
Overall this box had a lot going on, I wouldn’t call it easy at all, especially for a newbie like me. got a lot of 502’s which stopped my progress.

Foothold required your own setup
User was right there in front of me but a couple of tries made me look for a different way (while the first option was correct…)
Root was fairly easy.

Learned a lot!

Thanks to all the users who helped me!