Official Academy Discussion

Type your comment> @bashsupremacy said:

Type your comment> @saulgoodmn said:

Type your comment> @saulgoodmn said:

Anyone do the user part manually?

Anyone get user manually instead of using msf*******? please PM me if you did. Just IMHO, I would say this is not OSCP like. I rooted and did a personal write up on every box in the public network during my lab time. The OSCP boxes are more like “find the exploit” enumerate, create your payload , find root vector own box. I only seen this method in the training .pdf in the 2020 version.

I would also like to join the discussion about manually doing it after having done it with msf… I found some stuff on github but I can’t seem to get it to work.

Thank you for your interest. I still can’t find a way to do this manually except for removing the MSF needed part of the exploit and making it work manually. You can only use MSF once on the OSCP test. That is one of the hardest tests I have ever done. Learn how to do all of these manually if your goal is to be a professional pentester. Sometimes all you get is a cmd line with limited to no tools in a real world pentest. Learn MSF but don’t depend on it.