Emdee five for life

I guess it would be one session as your making a GET and PUT request. However you use just the 1 session. Hope that clarifies for you.

Type your comment> @letMel00kDeepr said:

I guess it would be one session as your making a GET and PUT request. However you use just the 1 session. Hope that clarifies for you.

Thank you, I thought this. But in anyway I keep getting “Too slow”…

PM me your code and I will take a look for you and see what your issue is.

I’m 99% sure this challenge is just broken lol

Today i re-ran my python script and got the flag in my response. I made no changes from the one that was failing 2 weeks ago. Seems like the challenge has been fixed.

Yes, the challenge has benn fixed, I was going crazy… I re-ran my both scripts and got the flag.

hey, i got it done, challenge says 20 points, but it landed me only 2, what is that all about ?
ty, good practice

Struggling with this atm, got the string extracted encoded and encrypted, posted into the text field and submit button pressed with Selenium but still says ‘too slow’. I’m assuming it has something to do with the cookies based off everyones comments but i’m not sure what exactly I can do with them?

Hi - In case anyone is interested on solving this challenge without scripting, I managed to get the flag using Burp. I am very happy with what I learned, it involved: Intruder, some grepping (part of Intruder options) and payload processing.

Happy Hacking! : )

Just two tips:

You are not as fast as a script.

If you try to use 2 different sessions, you won’t be fast enough, make sure you are using the same session for all your requests.

Got a single line bash script to do it all but with creating two sessions fastest it will go is 0.435s. So not so much how many ways but ‘can do you this in python’ really. Running the script in an EC2 instance got execution time to 0.169s but still getting back “too slow.”

Got it working in four lines of node. CURL is just too slow I guess.

Is this challenge still working?

NVM it just doesn’t work when you’re a noob like me

Easily solved using PowerShell :slight_smile:

If you’re having a hard time debugging and you’re using Linux pipelines or bash, one very persnickety error that you may be dealing with is an extra \n whitespace in your text that will ruin things.

It’ll just say ‘too slow’ and you will drive yourself insane, when the actual problem is that you’re calculating the md5sum of TEXT\n instead of TEXT. Definitely using a language with better inbuilt string support (python/ruby/whatever) is suggested, or otherwise be extremely careful about whitespace.

I can talk to someone I do not get the “too slow!” but I do not get the flag as well. I dont know if it is my script or something else.

Got it with a short python script using re, requests, and hashlib.

I spent way too long trying to get it working with bash unsuccessfully first before moving to python. If anyone that was able to solve it in bash could take a look at my script and tell me what I’m doing wrong, it would be much appreciated.

I’m trying to do this challenge as a lesson in python and also pwntools. My script so far will take the string I need and generate the md5 no problem, but I can’t seem to find a way to send the data back to the site in pwntools! Sending with send() or sendline() does nothing.

Could someone drop me a hint please?

EDIT: Never mind, the requests module was more useful for this and still good to learn.

Well that was easy once I figured out sessions. :slight_smile: