Deadly Arthropod (forensics) - invalid flag?

Beware, this challenge is quite tricky. If you have a (quite common) bug in your solution, then you will get something that looks like a valid flag, but is actually a little bit off from the correct flag.

Double and triple-check your solution for logic bugs, and you’ll discover the right flag.

@mprox said:
Beware, this challenge is quite tricky. If you have a (quite common) bug in your solution, then you will get something that looks like a valid flag, but is actually a little bit off from the correct flag.

Double and triple-check your solution for logic bugs, and you’ll discover the right flag.

So weird… flag tells me a right message with some sense

Yes, it stumped me for a long time too. I’m almost sure I can guess what value of almost-the-flag you have.

As I said, it’s very close to the correct flag, but a few characters off. Think about what the input data represents, and how the state of the process would affect the output.

If that’s too vague, PM me.

I am having some difficulty. I got an email and password but no flag. There are 2 “numbers” I cant make sense of. Could someone PM me for help?

nevermind, i figured it out

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

Neeeever mind, got it now :slight_smile:

@n3m0 said:
WASD… what an invention… right?

Hi , thanks for the hint :+1:

Could someone who finished this challenge please PM me. I’m almost sure i have the correct flag but for some reason it’s not being accepted as valid.

I am so close, but I am having trouble putting the final piece together. Can someone PM me?

hi,
like all the others, i have found some strings, but the flag is not working… can someone pm me plz? :slight_smile:

i have got the flag in htb{xx-xx-xxxxxx-xx’x-x-xxxxxxxx…} format… still its not working… any hints, pls PM me…

i display with tshark this pcap file but i dont know any hint

help me please!!!

@ak123 said:
i have got the flag in htb{xx-xx-xxxxxx-xx’x-x-xxxxxxxx…} format… still its not working… any hints, pls PM me…

Hello all. I’m in the same boat. What are we doing wrong or missing?

@ak123 said:

you are probably missing something… flags are case sensitive to start with

Spoiler Removed

I have a usrname, password and a lot of arrows… no HTB{} flag

Is this user error on the input or did I not find the flag?

imagine what the output of each item will result in if the device is being used on say, a word processor for example

So, I have the beginnings of a flag. I’ve seen references to a bug in the script, but I don’t see any other mappings than the one I used. Is this is a word jumble? Can someone please PM me a hint towards the right direction? I can’t figure out what direction to go from here.

@w31rd0 said:

@ak123 said:

you are probably missing something… flags are case sensitive to start with

I have the same problem. I got the flag and tried upper and lower case but it’s not working, can you help me?