Official Academy Discussion

Official discussion thread for Academy. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

Wishing all of you best of luck . This will be my very first , first blood attempt.

I’m having issues spawning the box. Anyone is facing the same?

Yup, first blood has already been done and I’m still waiting for the box to spawn as well. Very frustrating…

is that thing on that port relevant ?

anyone got creds for a**** page?

Found s** file. Will be looking closer on this.

Was able to get admin and hit staging and see some interesting info but cant seem to remotely connect or get a foothold. Is this a rabbit hole? Where to go from here?

Type your comment> @zweeden said:

Was able to get admin and hit staging and see some interesting info but cant seem to remotely connect or get a foothold. Is this a rabbit hole? Where to go from here?

can u nudge me ?

I think the box is acting weird across all servers AU, US, EU …etc
All files are having 777 permissions

found some web pages and a high port, not getting much so far.

Is the admin login a rabbit hole ?

Got a reverse-shell!

@sT0wn said:
Got a reverse-shell!

Any tips?

Just got a foothold. Ran some enumeration scripts but didn’t see much and don’t know where to go from here. Saw a bunch of users and saw a couple of files.
Anyone know where to go from here? Or just discussion in general?
Any nudges appreciated :slight_smile:

@zweeden said:
Just got a foothold. Ran some enumeration scripts but didn’t see much and don’t know where to go from here. Saw a bunch of users and saw a couple of files.
Anyone know where to go from here? Or just discussion in general?
Any nudges appreciated :slight_smile:

Any advice? I feel like I’m spinning my wheels once I got into the a**** page

After enumerating for a while, I found a file with s** creds, but probably not useful for now…
What took my attention is the A** Ke* for L****el tried few things with it but it got me nowhere
is that file a rabbithole?

Just got user and looking for some assistance/help on privesc/rooting - I’ve enumerated and done the usual things and noticed the new group but didnt read anything interesting. I must be missing something.

Nudges would be greatly appreciated.
DM me please or if you need hints to get to user :slight_smile:

@ElleuchX1 said:
After enumerating for a while, I found a file with s** creds, but probably not useful for now…
What took my attention is the A** Ke* for L****el tried few things with it but it got me nowhere
is that file a rabbithole?

I’m stuck here as well :frowning:

Rooted!

Took a while to find the fairly obvious path to root… ??

Tnx @UrbanMystery and @LeBofDuRa