Hall of Fame rankings not updating

3 weeks ago, my teammate and I were at position 540 in the Hall of Fame, with 228 and 227 points respectively.

In that period of 3 weeks, we successfully owned 3 new machines (both user and root). We now have 262 and 261 points (respectively).

Despite that, we are still ranked 540 in the Hall of Fame with 228 and 227 points.

Any idea why the Hall of Fame ranks are not updating?

PS: last machine we rooted was Jewel, 5 days prior to writing this post.

Any chance some of the machines you rooted got retired?

That’s odd, mine has been updating. @PrivacyMonk3y is probably right

Type your comment> @PrivacyMonk3y said:

Any chance some of the machines you rooted got retired?

I believe maybe one got retired, but no more than one. All other machines are still active, since we’re actively owning machines since the beginning of the month (at the rate of one per 3-4 days in average).

I will check back my ranking in the HoF after the next one or two machines we own and provide a feedback.

@LMAY75 said:
That’s odd, mine has been updating. @PrivacyMonk3y is probably right

Thank you for the feedback!

I am not completely sure but I think the points shown in the hackthebox ranking (227) are correct, while the points shown on your profile page (261) are incorrect. 227 points is also the same amount of points shown on your points breakdown (Login :: Hack The Box :: Penetration Testing Labs); I have checked those calculations and they seem correct to me (but maybe I’ve missed something).

How the amount of points on your profile page are calculated, I don’t know… For me there is also a discrepancy between the points shown on my profile and in the ranking, but I thought I could explain it, as the calculations checked out if I took the points of retired challenges into account while calculating the amount of points shown on my profile page.
But for you this is not the case, I see…

What is sure, is that there is something wrong going on with the calculation of the points. Hopefully hackthebox will fix this, as it is quite confusing…

@ArtemisFY Thank you very much for the link to my points breakdown (that I didn’t know existed until I read your comment), and to the very clear explanation you provided.

I as well hope this difference in points be taken into cosideration by the HtB Team.

Pretty easy box you just have to take your time and enumerate.

User: mess around with the web application…you might find something

Root: Find out how the web app does what does …something funny is going on in there…funny things can lead to great results