VIP+

Does anyone else have this?

Are you experiencing problems with SSH to your box?
Port forwarding?

I know spawning boxes is buggy af right now. Sometimes I have to load it then reset it before it starts working.

But this SSH thing is new. I’ve gone on a few boxes to test it.
To the best of my knowledge we can’t go back to a VIP server either so I can’t test that.

@PrivacyMonk3y said:

Does anyone else have this?

Are you experiencing problems with SSH to your box?
Port forwarding?

Do you mean SSH from your machine to port 22 on the remote server?

Any port forwarding in particular? Some works better than others.

I know spawning boxes is buggy af right now. Sometimes I have to load it then reset it before it starts working.

But this SSH thing is new. I’ve gone on a few boxes to test it.
To the best of my knowledge we can’t go back to a VIP server either so I can’t test that.

So, SSH from the box to your machine is no longer possible: Official Buff Discussion - #746 by he77kat - Machines - Hack The Box :: Forums

SSH from your machine to the box should still be possible where this is allowed by the machine. Not all allow this.

If you have a specific issue with boxes, its worth raising a JIRA ticket.

Oh snap i didn’t know they stopped allowing it haha there goes 3 hours of my life ???

As for the spawning i did talk to support. They helped a lot actually. Still a bit buggy but not like day one 24 hour continuous locked down of jewel lol

But yeah again they were super cool over at support.

Was just starting to get worried about my vm having errors with the ssh so figured I’d ask.

Thanks for the info!

I had to restart Devel 10 times today because it was not reachable after 10min. Then after 10th restart, is now stuck in spawning for few hours so I raised a support ticket. Also VIP+

Personally I can’t see any benefits (for me) by having VIP+.
I am happy with VIP (its nice and fast and I get access to retired machines).

• no congestion’s with new machine challenges (yay).

Unlimited PWN Box access and unlimited machine resets doesn’t convince me to go VIP+.

Just my personal opinion on this.

However,
If VIP+ included all the Pro-Labs access (Like Dante etc) then I would consider jumping on it.

Just my 2 cents :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @alienisolation said:

I had to restart Devel 10 times today because it was not reachable after 10min. Then after 10th restart, is now stuck in spawning for few hours so I raised a support ticket. Also VIP+

So, I found that patience seems to work best. Especially on the new site.
Just click it and chill out for a while.

I had issues on dyplesher because I clicked too fast. Went on another loop but they have been doing work… it only lasted like this about 20m before finally unlocking.

Support has been very helpful with this.

My only minor issue is having to update the host file every rest/spawn but I mean part of the game of having your own box. ■■■ for tat.

I think I am just to buy one more VIP+ while I wait this to be unstuck from support, I don’t want to spend weekend going outside and talking to people

I just got my VIP+ today, and i noticed that the machine changes IP when I reset it every time. The IP is fixed for free tier, why can’t the IP be fixed for VIP+? Does anyone know a way to fix the machine IP? Thanks!

You can’t.

Just the name of the game to have your own instance.
Can’t see how they would fix it any other way. Even if you had say a static ip that just changed boxes you would still have to update hosts file.

It’s kind of frustrating at first but meh you get used to it.
Plus you can deface and do whatever you want hahaha makes for good jokes to the team :smiley: