Official Jewel Discussion

For those stuck at the priv esc with the error, think about what you’re using. Its hard to communicate when you’re out of sync with each other.

Type your comment> @gointhrushell said:

For those stuck at the priv esc with the error, think about what type of authentication you’re using. Its hard to communicate when you’re out of sync with each other.

check your PM

Yay! Now I get to completely rebuild my OS. God I really love this box

Edit: In retrospect it was kinda my fault. Gonna have to add ruby right underneath cryptographic attacks on the list of things I dont understand :lol:

Very cool Box !
Initial foothold was a bit more tough . User to root was kind of smooth and straightforward when you find it .

For those stuck at the priv esc with the error, think about what you’re using. Its hard to communicate when you’re out of sync with each other.

I’ve already rooted but the arena kicked me off as soon as I turned in the root hash. I wasn’t done and now I’m on VIP with this same error… ?

Type your comment> @PrivacyMonk3y said:

I’ve already rooted but the arena kicked me off as soon as I turned in the root hash. I wasn’t done and now I’m on VIP with this same error… ?

I’m getting the same error, i guess it has something with the time sync but still it’s weird

Good Machine, going into this machine I did not know what to expect because I never messed with **** or *** before. I have learned a lot from just this one machine so Congrats. Nice little secret code that I didnt know was possible with this language, so that would be useful for the future if I run into it again.

Type your comment> @Selcius said:

Type your comment> @PrivacyMonk3y said:

I’m getting the same error, i guess it has something with the time sync but still it’s weird

Fixed it, well i was right it had a problem with time sync between the machine and my own machine.

Hmm, can’t seem to establish a reverse-shell connection, might be payload encoding (although it seems fine) - anybody have any tips?

@polarbearer thx for that awesome machine, learnt a lot of interesting stuff!
Hints:
Foothold - read all the stuff you can and think how to check if its safe?
Root - a bit of enumeration and doublecheck if you are ‘synced’.

OS rebuilt, can finally go build this payload now

After sending the payload I see the code on the top of the title bar, but nothing happens, no shell returned. Has this happened to any of you? Thanks.

Type your comment> @sparkla said:

@pizzapower wearing all black?

Yes. I’m at my own funeral, lol. Still can’t get my payload to work, and I’ve been too busy this weekend to work on it much

So I’m getting the 500 error but none of my payloads are working, tried a bash one-liner and nc rev shell

Anyone else having the same issue?

Type your comment> @zerologon said:

After sending the payload I see the code on the top of the title bar, but nothing happens, no shell returned. Has this happened to any of you? Thanks.

Go to a place and try to load it

i’m stuck with getting R**. pm me anyone please

i created payload and pasted it but when i send that i doesnt get shell in nc

Completely lost on this one. I get it from the hints that there’s an obvious vulnerability somewhere, i come up with only one candidate and there’s a very quick check that shows it’s not vulnerable to it.

I give up. The bugs have made this box unsolvable.

Rooted! Feel free to DM for tips or hints. Actually a fun box in hindsight.