Official Doctor Discussion

Finally got root, that was an interesting box !

Dm me if you want hints but there are already a lots of them in the discussion !

Thanks for the box!

Fun box!! Thanks @egotisticalSW ! on the border between easy and medium

If anyone nedd help, pm :wink:

Looked into all kinds of files and read through my linpeas output numerous times and still cannot find anything to get user. Can anyone msg me a nudge on what I should be looking for? Strings’ing all different kinds of files has not been fruitful.

@braj said:

Looked into all kinds of files and read through my linpeas output numerous times and still cannot find anything to get user. Can anyone msg me a nudge on what I should be looking for? Strings’ing all different kinds of files has not been fruitful.

Manual enumeration works well here. Grep is helpful. Think about how the application works, what users might do by accident and where that would be captured.

Finally rooted. Many problems with initial foothold. Specially with fucking quotes. super noob. User was quick but I don’t like it much. root also quick with a bit help. Best part the foothold. Thanks for the help given. If anybody require help PM.

Rooted.
I got the foothold two different ways. One being the all things thingy, as expected, and the second one from a certain tag that I have absolutely no idea why it works, but it does, straight to a reverse shell even. Using a few ifs.
Can someone pm me about that second case?

Path to root is straightforward, just google it.

I’m late to this party, but finally rooted. Interesting box to say the least. The thread definitely has everything you’d need for hints. Feel free do DM if you need an extra nudge.

Phew, took me long enough but eventually got root. Shoutout to @Darvidor @caveeroo @limelight @he110w0r1d @exord26 for all their help and nudges.

Plenty of hints already but feel free to reach out if you’re stuck

Found the s*c*u*e m*s*ag*ng platform, made an account… hopefully I’ll be able to make some progress.

EDIT: got hashes… this is getting interesting.

@PapyrusTheGuru said:

The hashes aren’t the path you are looking for.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@PapyrusTheGuru said:

Official Doctor Discussion - #87 by tomunderhill - Machines - Hack The Box :: Forums

The hashes aren’t the path you are looking for.

Yeah, I forgot I commented that, I have already gotten a shell on the machine… working towards User, thank you so much for still taking your time to help out.

@PapyrusTheGuru said:

working towards User

Nice one.

So, I got access to the admin account at doctor.htb, there is no password for the account. I dont know what to do

@PapyrusTheGuru said:

working towards User

Nice one.

Thank you!

@deissh said:

So, I got access to the admin panel at doctor.htb, there is no password for the account. I dont know what to do

You might be looking in the wrong place. I don’t recall seeing an admin panel.

@deissh said:

So, I got access to the admin panel at doctor.htb, there is no password for the account. I dont know what to do

You might be looking in the wrong place. I don’t recall seeing an admin panel.

*admin@doctor.htb account

@deissh said:

*admin@doctor.htb account

Yeah, it kind of depends on where you are logging in with that. If it is a S****** M******** portal, you are on the right track and it is likely you’ve used an account someone else set up.

Finally did it! This is my second box here and I feel like I’m starting to get the hang of it.

Rooted !
The foothold took me hours and hours. The root part comes without much surprise but was very enjoyable nonetheless.
Feel free to reach out while the process is still fresh in my head :wink:
Thanks to @egotisticalSW for the box, and thanks to everyone for nudges, especially to @Harbard

Thank @ArtemisFY for the nudge