Dante Discussion

anyone have a nudge for where to look after rooting admin-dc02 and nix07?

Feel like I have smashed into a wall. I have rooted the below machines, but have yet to find the other network(s). Two of them have interesting entries, but nothing seems to bite when sweeping. Any nudge available without giving too much away?

DANTE-NIX02
DANTE-NIX04
DANTE-WS01
DANTE-NIX03
DANTE-DC01
DANTE-WEB-NIX01
DANTE-WS03

Type your comment> @smugglebunny said:

Feel like I have smashed into a wall. I have rooted the below machines, but have yet to find the other network(s). Two of them have interesting entries, but nothing seems to bite when sweeping. Any nudge available without giving too much away?

DANTE-NIX02
DANTE-NIX04
DANTE-WS01
DANTE-NIX03
DANTE-DC01
DANTE-WEB-NIX01
DANTE-WS03

Which of these boxes would you think might have connectivity to ‘admin’ machines listed on the lab write up?

Type your comment> @LostatSea said:

Alright… after literally a week of trial and error i have the first 2 flags on the .100 node and i’m finally ready to move on with my enumeration.

I will say this without spoiling anything; the information you will likely find first will lead very quickly to the first 2 flags
Anyone that needs a nudge feel free to message me.

You think you can help me I got the first flag but I am stuck on the second initial flag

Hey guys, I’ve made some decent progress but I’m getting a bit caught up on initial shell on NIX02. I found the flag under the M* user and have tried enumerating known files. Could anyone provide a bump in the right direction?

Type your comment> @austincoats said:

Hey guys, I’ve made some decent progress but I’m getting a bit caught up on initial shell on NIX02. I found the flag under the M* user and have tried enumerating known files. Could anyone provide a bump in the right direction?

Feel free to DM me and I can give you a nudge. Send me some info on files you have found.

Hi, is there anyone working on Dante these days? I am looking for someone wiling to share some ideas / cooperate / help each other. Just send me a PM.
I have already made some progress (40%), so I can share some info as well.
THX.

Type your comment> @limelight said:

Type your comment> @smugglebunny said:

DANTE-NIX02
DANTE-NIX04
DANTE-WS01
DANTE-NIX03
DANTE-DC01
DANTE-WEB-NIX01
DANTE-WS03

Which of these boxes would you think might have connectivity to ‘admin’ machines listed on the lab write up?

@limelight I’m in the same situation. Can I DM you with specifics? (Trying not to spoil anything on this thread)

Type your comment> @0x00Name said:

(Quote)
@limelight I’m in the same situation. Can I DM you with specifics? (Trying not to spoil anything on this thread)

Sure, feel free to DM where you are stuck.

Type your comment> @0x00Name said:

(Quote)

Sure, feel free to DM where you are stuck.

@limelight sent :slight_smile: thanks

Hey is part of the lab that the century machine in the upload in wp asks for a ftp password? or is because the machine was modified y should wait for a reboot?

I was wondering the same ^^^

Hi all, I’m new to HTB and looking for some guidance on DANTE. I’ve worked through a couple of the easier HTB boxes but am struggling a little with the foothold for this one. As a noob I’ve probably thrown myself into the deep end somewhat with DANTE after reading some of the previous comments but I’m up for the challenge. If anyone is willing to help me along please let me know and I’ll DM you. Much obliged!

Hi, you can DM me for tips. I’ve completed dante.

@Ectrix said:

Hi all, I’m new to HTB and looking for some guidance on DANTE. I’ve worked through a couple of the easier HTB boxes but am struggling a little with the foothold for this one. As a noob I’ve probably thrown myself into the deep end somewhat with DANTE after reading some of the previous comments but I’m up for the challenge. If anyone is willing to help me along please let me know and I’ll DM you. Much obliged!

Presumably you have to get root on DANTE-WEB-NIX01? or is it sufficient to pivot via ssh using the standard user?

Type your comment> @shaunography said:

Presumably you have to get root on DANTE-WEB-NIX01? or is it sufficient to pivot via ssh using the standard user?

You must root for a flag, but I would look into using sshuttle to pivot which does not require root creds. one of the other user creds you have found is static and will work for all of the remaining tasks in the lab.

Type your comment> @sT0wn said:

Hi, you can DM me for tips. I’ve completed dante.

@Ectrix said:

Cool! Thanks…

somebody defaced the main .100 site with their shell :expressionless:

Hi can anybody offer some assistance with pivoting using chisel. Have it working great for first pivot, but struggling to make the jump to the additional subnet.

Thanks

you can pm me about this> @richeze said:

Hi can anybody offer some assistance with pivoting using chisel. Have it working great for first pivot, but struggling to make the jump to the additional subnet.

Thanks