Official Worker Discussion

I really enjoyed this box. got stuck a few times, but I was able to scan the forum posts and that pointed me in the right direction. make sure when you’re trying to login to d****s that you don’t have your manual proxy set in your browser, it made the login page give me a false negative and almost messed me up.
PM for a nudge

An interesting box that allowed me to play around with a CI tool I wasn’t familiar with.
My 2cents:

• Foothold: go back to that revision, and use the CI tool to get what you want
  • User: enum enum
  • Root: abuse that thing again
!

What a frustrating box. Comes online for 2 minutes, goes offline for 2, comes online for 2 minutes… Repeat.

Giving up

@luckycharmelf said:

What a frustrating box. Comes online for 2 minutes, goes offline for 2, comes online for 2 minutes… Repeat.

Giving up

Double check this isn’t something you are doing. Looking at the stats people are still able to get user/root flags so there must be some stability somewhere.

@TazWake said:
@luckycharmelf said:

Giving up

Double check this isn’t something you are doing. Looking at the stats people are still able to get user/root flags so there must be some stability somewhere.

I don’t see what I could be doing wrong? I started up the machine (no one else on us-vip-24 was using it I guess) and waited 15 minutes to let it boot up. Then I just started a ping every 5 seconds and did nothing else to that box.

This is what I get. Up for ~120 seconds, down for ~120 seconds, up for ~120 seconds, etc

Edit: I changed to us-vip-15, started the box, and I can ping it for more than 2 minutes at a time ¯\(ツ)

@luckycharmelf said:

I don’t see what I could be doing wrong? I started up the machine (no one else on us-vip-24 was using it I guess) and waited 15 minutes to let it boot up. Then I just started a ping every 5 seconds and did nothing else to that box.

This is what I get. Up for ~120 seconds, down for ~120 seconds, up for ~120 seconds, etc

❯ ping 10.10.10.203 -O -i 5PING 10.10.10.203 (10.10.10.203) 56(84) bytes of da - Pastebin.com

Edit: I changed to us-vip-15, started the box, and I can ping it for more than 2 minutes at a time ¯\(ツ)

That is pretty odd. If it happens again, you should raise a JIRA ticket for HTB to address the issue.

(for some reason, it resolved itself)
Hi,

I’m running into some issues that i do not get the possibility to input the found credentials to continue. This is happening both via curl and ff.

also tried moving vpn but that also does not seem to resolve it.

has anyone have/had the same issues or could point me in the direction so that i continue with the box?

thanks in advance!

Pheaxx

Nee help. managed to log and want to load my evil shell. The challenge is, am getting “No work items linked” hence can’t merge. Am getting a “no suggestion” hence can’t do anything on work items. Any help please.

I was able to get to d*****.worker.htb and gain access. I was trying to upload into new b*****, but when I do, for work items to link, I always get no suggestions found. I want to make sure that this is something I am doing wrong and not the system. Tried for many b*****es and it gives me the same issue. Any suggestions?

It should present you with alternative ids by just clicking in the wit-control.

If you don’t get any suggestions you need to supply one manually.

I appreciate that. Last night when I was trying, as soon as I would click on it, it would immediately say no suggestions. Tonight, it would pause as if it were processing, and then show me items. I am guessing its a resource issue? Regardless, thank you for the help. I got past it.

Welp, that machine was something I completely wasn’t going to expect. Thx, @ekenas, learnt a lot!

Just rooted! PM if you need help.

Type your comment> @nopej0hnson said:

Welp, that machine was something I completely wasn’t going to expect. Thx, @ekenas, learnt a lot!

Glad you liked it!

@ekenas said:

Glad you liked it!

I just want to add to the love here. This was an awesome box. It looks at a $thing I don’t (didn’t?) know very well beforehand. This meant I learned a lot and was actually surprised by how straightforward and logical things are.

Thank you for this box.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@ekenas said:

(Quote)
I just want to add to the love here. This was an awesome box. It looks at a $thing I don’t (didn’t?) know very well beforehand. This meant I learned a lot and was actually surprised by how straightforward and logical things are.

Thank you for this box.

Awesome! Thanks for that!

I am able to upload .***x shell and I am able to execute command on the server. I am trying to upgrade to reverse shell.
I tried to use PowerShell based rev shell code. However when I execute in my shell there is no connection back (I tried with listeners on port 80 and 443).
Also when I uploaded .***x reverse shell generated with msfvenom and connect to it with web browser there is no connection back to my listener. I tried with following payloads windows/shell_reverse_tcp as well windows/x64/meterpreter/reverse_tcp
Any hint why I am not getting reverse shell?

@kyloren said:

I am able to upload .***x shell and I am able to execute command on the server. I am trying to upgrade to reverse shell.
I tried to use PowerShell based rev shell code. However when I execute in my shell there is no connection back (I tried with listeners on port 80 and 443).
Also when I uploaded .***x reverse shell generated with msfvenom and connect to it with web browser there is no connection back to my listener. I tried with following payloads windows/shell_reverse_tcp as well windows/x64/meterpreter/reverse_tcp
Any hint why I am not getting reverse shell?

There are hundreds of reasons - the code could be wrong, the way it is being executed could be wrong, the way you’ve triggered it could be wrong, the listener might be broken, you might have a firewall in the way etc.

I suspect that you might be better changing the thing you are uploading - rather than a venom reverse shell, you could use one of the more straightforward online versions. I used one related to sleepless nights and it worked well with an nc listener.

Thx. Is it part of the difficulty of the box that uploaded shell gets deleted after couple of minutes?

problem

Hello, friend. I’m practicing worker

At present, I have got the shell of the user R * * * l, which is in the process of root. There is no progress at present, so I need to give some tips. thank you