Official Doctor Discussion

Rooooooooted…

Just rooted with the help from some others here. If anyone is stuck feel free to PM!

Managed to get user with some a great pointer from cyberhomeless.

Root after that is simple.

Type your comment> @Smyrie said:

Just rooted with the help from some others here. If anyone is stuck feel free to PM!

Sent you a DM!

I stared to reinvent the wheel for root, then decided I should try and find something already prepared. Seems like I do that a lot, lol.

so far ive noticed many things that would be valid findings if this were a bug bounty program, which is really cool. Just not sure yet how to leverage these to actually gain access. I think my main issue is not being very familiar with s****k. I feel like im missing one very important thing lol.

The site with the functionality is interesting but not giving much in return for me unfortunately.

Edit: lol think I got something. Liking this box so far

Type your comment> @cyberhomeless said:

done rooted i know is a easy box but this are my hints :

foothold: look closely in the main page you will see somthing diffrent after that added and you have somthing new now this is a easy box som basic injections my advice is do blinde one first .

user : just a normal linpeas shold do the work.

root: maybe you already have the rce but the only think you need is cred right?

if this helped you please drop me a respect thanks

@cyberhomeless said:
done rooted i know is a easy box but this are my hints :

foothold: look closely in the main page you will see somthing diffrent after that added and you have somthing new now this is a easy box som basic injections my advice is do blinde one first .

user : just a normal linpeas shold do the work.

root: maybe you already have the rce but the only think you need is cred right?

if this helped you please drop me a respect thanks

Thank you @cyberhomeless for nudging me in the right direction

Hereby I would like to nominate @egotisticalSW officially for the troll-of-the-month-award for outstanding achievements in the field of hacker/pentester/itsec-researcher deception during recon.

Those who found their way to foothold without a hint or nudge from a third party should be rewarded with an hawkeye-badge on their user profile page.

Type your comment> @cool4coder said:

Hereby I would like to nominate @egotisticalSW officially for the troll-of-the-month-award for outstanding achievements in the field of hacker/pentester/itsec-researcher deception during recon.

I strongly agree with you!
This was trolling at the best…

Nice machine, not an easy one initial foothold, learned new stuff.
Thanks @SanderZ31 for hint.
Root is easy, you already have it, use it later.

I got the login page!! … let’s keep going !!..

Definitely not a beginner box…

got local shell but stuck in root :frowning:

finally got the root! PM if you need nudge

What’s up with this hash? Looks like BCRYPT but hashid says it can’t identify it

Need nudge for foothold

Type your comment> @LMAY75 said:

What’s up with this hash? Looks like BCRYPT but hashid says it can’t identify it

Box maker egotistical said the following in discord:

“Just fyi, no bf or cracking required
If you’re cracking open rockyou you’re doing it wrong”

Type your comment> @cool4coder said:

Those who found their way to foothold without a hint or nudge from a third party should be rewarded with an hawkeye-badge on their user profile page.

lol

foothold : stay low & basic enum
user: id
root: go higher

Got User, root is next :slight_smile:
For User: Enumeration is really the key, but if you need a hint, DM me here or on Discord