eJPT certification

Im thinking of taking the certification. Since i have a little experience in HTB, i wanted to know if i can just buy the voucher at lower price and read from the leaked course. Will it be enough?

@CI9HER said:

Im thinking of taking the certification. Since i have a little experience in HTB, i wanted to know if i can just buy the voucher at lower price and read from the leaked course. Will it be enough?

Well, if you are going to use a leaked course, the chances are high that if ELearnSecurity discovers, they’ll reject your certification.

I won’t ever suggest using materials that someone has leaked, not least because it becomes an ethical minefield. You have no way of knowing if the material is current, complete or accurate.

If you want to do the cert and you need the training, then my only suggestion is to pay for the training. If you can’t afford that, then save up, wait or do something else.

Type your comment> @CI9HER said:

I agree with TazWake. If the certification is important to you then do it the ethical way. Really, just be ethical in your approach anyway.

With that said, getting a copy of the “barebones” edition of the corresponding course (Penetration Test Student or PTS) is pretty easy and free. Just sign up with the ethical hacker network:

https://www.ethicalhacker.net/register/

The full version of the course (labs, videos, etc) is still pretty reasonable when compared to other courses at $399 USD.

My bad. Elearnsecurity gave me Barebone for free. It has the training materials.
@TazWake thanks again.

@CrimsonFlea Thanks went to my account and i have barebone edition

@CI9HER said:

My bad. Elearnsecurity gave me Barebone for free. It has the training materials.
@TazWake thanks again.

Awesome. I get where you are coming from but it is always better to do things legitimately.

The eJPT was my very first certification. And I can really recommend it to every beginner. As already mentioned, the course material (without the videos and labs, though) can be obtained for free. The content is, in my opinion, very beginner friendly, and covers a lot different topics. Together with the labs, you can learn your basic ropes, and start exploring more specific topics that meet your preferences.

The certification exam will make you perform a simulated penetration test, starting with nothing more than a PCAP. From there, you gather information about the target network and will then be able to dive into the infrastructure, compromising several services through the techniques you learned during the course. Back in my days, there were on real “surprises” during the exam, since everything that is needed, had been covered by the course and labs.

thank you all

I think all of eLearnSecurity’s courses are 35% off right now