A new box concept to take htb difficulty to the next level

I think this would genuinely be more of a learning experience than some of the boxes that have been released… just in the wrong field.

P.S. I found a writeup online, you may want to get it removed before people save it… How to Make a Potato Plant in a Water Cup | Home Guides | SF Gate

Holy ■■■■ this even feels like an exploit-db page.

Insert four toothpicks into the potato, spacing them around the middle of the potato about two-thirds up from the end with the densest sprouts

Im thinking about 30 points for this box, seems only fair since there isn’t enough ennumeration.

Also those potato growers are going to have a moment of panic when they see a cyber-security website on their referral analytics.

LOL. This is seriously funny.

ahahaha i love that, you should add that on your github

Well, we will need to google if the potato can be used as a substrate for P-N and N-P junctions. If so, maybe we can use a very thin syringe of iodine solution to etch an USB/Ethernet convertor IP in the cut of potato.
Verilog/VHDL/Leonardo Spectrum comes to mind for various design and also https://opencores.org/. :slight_smile:

After all, the basics of potato electronics was already invented (in 18… something) and if we can have potato radio, we can have potato computer and subsequently the HTB session on a potato computer. It is just a question of miniaturisation (someone call Japan) :slight_smile:

“I know that that’s the antenna, and that’s that… thingy… and that’s all the other stuff.”

Future NASA Administrator.

According to this article: 500 lb Potato Battery - Make:
and assuming a pi zero requires 5 v and 200 mA we need around 1000 sets of 10 potatoes in parallel to drive it (so 10.000 potatoes) , but its nothing compared to my design given on the concept art which requires absolutely no potatoes to power the circuit.

#FreePotato #FreeAssange (sorry for the spoil / spam @Arrexel)

I’m at work, giggling, trying to contain it…

People are looking at me… hahahahahahahahahahah

In tears now!!!

best thread on htb forums

Lol. After all the time roaming in HTB, I feel dump on missing this thread.

That one indeed looks very difficult. However, when you give me physical access, I promise I hack that box.

Interesting :slight_smile:
For sure user part would be hard, root will come with patience and good enumeration.

Guy from Serbia made a game that could be played with potato.
Unfortunately this youtube video is not on English, but you will get the point.

I need a hint on how to sprout a reverse cell.

Type your comment> @mimo said:

I need a hint on how to sprout a reverse cell.

I laughed way too hard at this… I think I need to get a life

Theres too much here to pick any one thing.

This is the best thing on the internet…

This may be a little unconventional, but I believe if you can send a powerful enough DDOS to it, the heat will cause it to create a hash that you can use…

If done for too long tho it might overheat… I wonder if that would be considered a spoiler.

Hello fellow APT solvers who are reading this