Official Intense Discussion

Got root! User was fun! Root is easy)

Im at the point of getting shell using what found in one place, but methods described in articles and docs I found do no work when I try extending “stuff”. I believe Im on right track, but still receive errors and cannot achieve execution. What am I doing wrong? Hmmm

Type your comment> @m4rc1n said:

Im at the point of getting shell using what found in one place, but methods described in articles and docs I found do no work when I try extending “stuff”. I believe Im on right track, but still receive errors and cannot achieve execution. What am I doing wrong? Hmmm

Double check your syntax or PM for a pointer. :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @gunroot said:

Type your comment> @m9rcin said:

Double check your syntax or PM for a pointer. :slight_smile:

Did not find the right syntax, but managed to get it with a little bit of automation -:wink:

AAAAnnd…done!
Obviously with tons of help from @TazWake (thanks for being so kind, really!) and a little nudge from @pinnn
I am quite confused and i think i have yet to understand better what i did and how i succeded. This machine is definitely on the upper layers of the hard classification, and could have been easily placed with the insane ones.

I’ve managed to find the user flag and enumerate the filesystem, but I have no idea how I can get a shell. Any hints would be appreciated.

Type your comment> @rayjolt said:

I’ve managed to find the user flag and enumerate the filesystem, but I have no idea how I can get a shell. Any hints would be appreciated.

You might have overlooked an open port. You can enumerate the configuration file for that service which will give a lot clues for an attack.

Type your comment> @rayjolt said:

That is the wonderful part in the machine. Try to read some network oriented config files. :slight_smile:

@TazWake said:
You might have overlooked an open port. You can enumerate the configuration file for that service which will give a lot clues for an attack.

@gunroot said:
That is the wonderful part in the machine. Try to read some network oriented config files. :slight_smile:

Thanks, I found it. Now to work out how to exploit it…

Gosh that box is a marathon… i think i’m at the very last stage (finally), entering waters that i’m not at all comfortable with, but on the other side it would pain me to give up here after all the work.

I would like to ask a specific question about the last step when building the exploit. Maybe somebody like to message me.

EDIT: Okay, not needed any more. I found my mistake :smiley:

I have an admin cookie and access to /admin/lo+/d++ and /admin/lo+/v+++ but when posting the specified params, I always get a can’t-find-message like ’ Can’t find …/…/…/ ’ ?
Reset the box twice but still can not enumerate the fs. Someone else stuck here?

Thank you @gunroot

Type your comment> @Maxiquester said:

I have an admin cookie and access to /admin/lo+/d++ and /admin/lo+/v+++ but when posting the specified params, I always get a can’t-find-message like ’ Can’t find …/…/…/ ’ ?
Reset the box twice but still can not enumerate the fs. Someone else stuck here?

Read the source code clearly. There is more than one end points for separate purposes.

Type your comment> @Maxiquester said:

Thank you @gunroot

check exactly the path.

I am stuck at the root part. I have found something that I want to forward to my attacking machine. But I can’t figure out how? Any hints?

Spoiler Removed

The command-lines I posted, which have been marked as spoilers, didn’t work anyway. Sorry for creating confusion, I just found out while doing a follow-up on this machine. Try a handfull exfiltration methods. One standard (spoiler?) procedure will work, I promise.

yeah it worked… just didn’t finish on its own… so spoiler-alert was justified I guess.

Does this box ban outgoing communication? I have RCE. but I can’t ping and curl to my machine.

Edit: I found it’s not important.

So I see my favorite syringe tool doesn’t appear to want to work… this is gonna be messy

Edit: I am in pain