Writeup of live machine

Hi, when researching for a vulnerability connected to a certain live (not retired) box, I have found a partial write-up (foothold to a shell). The user doesn’t mention hackthebox nor the name of the box, but screenshots make it clear it’s about the box.

The article is quite high on google search, it’s not hard to find.

I think this is prohibited, am I wrong? Where can I report write-ups for live machines, so admins can take action?

I too reported this issue a long time before. No response.

Some people su**s sometimes. They are just a dump in the community. If you can confirm the name of the HTB person behind it, you can report it, I think so. Otherwise you can’t just with a broken site.

My only suggestion is to be careful on those pages, when you feel it is bad, don’t click it.

I believe I know which site you are talking about, however if we are talking about the same thing they only used the box as an example for using the exploit. If they had built their own VM the steps would have been the exact same. Its not so much of a writeup as a walkthrough of using that specific exploit.

Type your comment> @LMAY75 said:

I believe I know which site you are talking about, however if we are talking about the same thing they only used the box as an example for using the exploit. If they had built their own VM the steps would have been the exact same. Its not so much of a writeup as a walkthrough of using that specific exploit.

I’m not talking about sites. I’m talking about the people who does it. It is really useless on speaking on this topic.