IPv6 scanning

Can anyone share the IPv6 range for the labs please? There is a certain host ( :wink: ) that I think it might be useful for…

When I run ifconfig, I can see my local IPv6 on my tun0 adapter, but being new to IPv6, how to I convert this into a useable range I can scan with nmap -6 ?

I’m assuming this is allowed, the FAQ talks about scanning between 10.10.10.0-255, so presumably the equivalent IPv6 range is fair game too?

If this is for a box that you need an IPv6 IP for there is a way of enumerating it on the box, that’s the intended way of doing it.

I wouldn’t try to do this, although it may work. If it’s the box I’m thinking of you should investigate the SNMP protocol and how to get information out of it. Learn about the tool snmpwalk.

@LainIwakura said:
I wouldn’t try to do this, although it may work. If it’s the box I’m thinking of you should investigate the SNMP protocol and how to get information out of it. Learn about the tool snmpwalk.

Too much info too quickly.

SNMPWalk will output the address in integer form. To help you enumerate, take a valid IPv6 address from another machine on the network and convert it to integer. Using that information, it will help you find the data in the SNMPWalk output.

@Arrexel said:
SNMPWalk will output the address in integer form. To help you enumerate, take a valid IPv6 address from another machine on the network and convert it to integer. Using that information, it will help you find the data in the SNMPWalk output.

There is a tool available on GitHub that will just give you the valid IPv6 address from SNMP public.