Dante Discussion

Type your comment> @BaddKharma said:

Type your comment> @0PT1MUS said:

Type your comment> @BaddKharma said:

So apparently the Dante Labs breaks down for users who are forced to use the TCP protocol for their connection pack. My current network will not allow me to use UDP for my tunnels, so I must convert my connection to Proto TCP. This has worked well for me in the other HTB machines, but not for Dante.

Does anyone know what could be done to force the TCP or should I submit a service ticket to HTB?

I am assuming you tried this, just making sure you saw it though;

Alternate TCP Connection

By default, our network uses UDP port 1337. If this port is blocked at your location, you can try switching to TCP 443 by editing your .ovpn file.

Change proto udp to proto tcp
Change remote {serverAddressHere} 1337 to remote {serverAddressHere} 443
Change <tls-auth> to <tls-crypt>
Change </tls-auth> to </tls-crypt>

Yeah the problem exists when you do that, it severs your ability to interact with the first machine at all. Have a service ticket on it that’s being worked on. So fair warning to anyone behind a strict firewall/network edge that if you use TCP connections Dante may not work for you until it gets resolved.

Can confirm, I was never able to get comms sorted to Dante with the TCP option (per the directions already mentioned). Only the default UDP config worked. Because that wasn’t an issue for me, I never pursued a solution. Hopefully they can resolve soon for those that can only connect via TCP.