Evil-WinRM PS C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop> whoami
blackfield\administrator

Finally got it!! really enjoyed it tnx for this box
#ThinkOutsideTheBox

ERROR: Incorrect hash for Backfield
—> i got root.txt
Evil-WinRM PS C:\Users\Administrator\desktop> whoami
blackfield\administrator

i’m unable to submit root flag …i got root.txt!! but showing incorrect hash for blackfield!!

@scorpion4347 said:

ERROR: Incorrect hash for Backfield
—> i got root.txt
Evil-WinRM PS C:\Users\Administrator\desktop> whoami
blackfield\administrator

Did you read the post that was three places before yours?

rooted!!
ping me for any hints and tips

@scorpion4347 said:

rooted!!
ping me for any hints and tips

Congrats on rooting continuously. Probably he might be in lockdown with Laptop & Internet alone. :smiley:

Just 4 fun.

@gunroot said:

Congrats on rooting continuously. Probably he might be in lockdown with Laptop & Internet alone. :smiley:

Just 4 fun.

it’s not actually that continuous. I thought it was a bit strange but it turns out they rooted this box a few hours before posting it, and some of the other boxes were a week ago.

@TazWake said:

it’s not actually that continuous. I thought it was a bit strange but it turns out they rooted this box a few hours before posting it, and some of the other boxes were a week ago.

Lol! I didn’t see his HTB profile. :slight_smile:

@gunroot said:

Lol! I didn’t see his HTB profile. :slight_smile:

:+1:

Wow!! This box was intense!! I struggled a lot with the root part but with all of your’s hints and some very useful articles, I was able to make it! Thanks all!
I can try and help if anyone wants any small hints - though I doubt that everything you need is all given in here!

And…rooted! Really had fun with this one! Banged my head against the wall on Compromised for a day or two, so I decided to try blackfield. For foothold and user I think I used exactly the same route/path as everyone else. However for root/system…I really don’t think so: there is a much faster way than those horrible, clunky b****up commands/scripts, that for me at least, just did NOT want to work, no matter how I formatted everything and what prayers I chanted to the HTB Gods — but then I started thinking…wait, with those privs come other, mm…possibilities – so, with a certain PS mo**le one becomes quite powerful…this certain PS script can be found in the wild and lets you do interesting things…modules to make an exact copy of your system…on your system - could that be used for more???
:slight_smile:

Whew… getting root was tough not gonna lie, really excellent box though :slight_smile:

HTB is not accepting the root flag btw lol, big oof

Type your comment> @m3ll0 said:

HTB is not accepting the root flag btw lol, big oof

Noticed the same.

If you look a couple of posts back:

Seems like I’m a little late to the party

@LMAY75 said:

Yes you’re late. But the party is still going on. Have a beer ?

Type your comment> @gunroot said:

@LMAY75 said:

Yes you’re late. But the party is still going on. Have a beer ?

Thanks! Might need a couple before this is done lol ?

Can somebody explain why out of the three users in the database, only one gives us TGT keys?

Edit: I think I figured it out

Evil-WinRM PS C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop> whoami
blackfield\administrator

Whew right in time! Really glad I did this box before it retired, it was a great experience with kerb and AD.