HOSTS SEEMS DOWN

@mysterious72 said:

I am new to here PLEASE HELP

Are you connected via the VPN?

@TazWake yes i am connected

@mysterious72 said:

@TazWake yes i am connected

Ok next question, what is your HTB IP address?

I have the same problem, VPN connection is established but can not preform nmap scan, same message “host seems done”

@RelyingArt said:

I have the same problem, VPN connection is established but can not preform nmap scan, same message “host seems done”

1. are you on free or VIP?
  2. what host are you trying to hit?
  3. what is your HTB IP address?

PING 10.10.10.27 (10.10.10.27) 56(84) bytes of data.
From 10.10.14.1 icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable
From 10.10.14.1 icmp_seq=2 Destination Host Unreachable
From 10.10.14.1 icmp_seq=3 Destination Host Unreachable
From 10.10.14.1 icmp_seq=4 Destination Host Unreachable
From 10.10.14.1 icmp_seq=5 Destination Host Unreachable
From 10.10.14.1 icmp_seq=6 Destination Host Unreachable

Free user with two hours on the PWNBOX.

@RelyingArt said:

PING 10.10.10.27 (10.10.10.27) 56(84) bytes of data.
From 10.10.14.1 icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable
From 10.10.14.1 icmp_seq=2 Destination Host Unreachable
From 10.10.14.1 icmp_seq=3 Destination Host Unreachable
From 10.10.14.1 icmp_seq=4 Destination Host Unreachable
From 10.10.14.1 icmp_seq=5 Destination Host Unreachable
From 10.10.14.1 icmp_seq=6 Destination Host Unreachable

Free user with two hours on the PWNBOX.

Ok - I dont know how pwnbox works.

It looks like you are trying to hit CALAMITY - I dont think that is up on the free servers unless it’s different on Pwnbox.

Its mentioned as target IP @ starting point section enumeration, at the end you can submit a flag. If i’m correct you have to be VIP to obtain the flag?

@RelyingArt said:

Its mentioned at target IP @ starting point section enumeration, ad the end you can submit a flag. If i’m correct you have to be VIP to obtain the flag?

Ok - this might be the source of the problem. From what I can see - and just testing - the Pwnbox uses your normal VPN.

I’ve just started a Pwnbox instance and then started CALAMITY and nmap worked fine, but it hit CALAMITY not ARCHETYPE.

I think you are correct, CALAMITY IP 10.10.10.27 is one of the retired machines, you need a VIP acces for this one.

Yeah - so I dont know how you get Pwnbox to connect to your starting point network.

Login to the HTB site via PWNbox and then downloading the startingpoint VPN file

cool - good plan

Hi, I’m having a similar issue. I’m trying to access Lame (10.10.10.3), I’m VIP, the box is active, I can successfully ping the machine but nmap says the host is down. Same with other boxes. Any suggestions?

Type your comment> @emilyj27 said:

Hi, I’m having a similar issue. I’m trying to access Lame (10.10.10.3), I’m VIP, the box is active, I can successfully ping the machine but nmap says the host is down. Same with other boxes. Any suggestions?

nmap -Pn

Type your comment> @LMAY75 said:

nmap -Pn

Thanks. I’ve tried that earlier and it does work but I don’t think I should have to be doing that?
A separate issue is that the version of the vulnerable software on the box is different to that in any walkthroughs. The Metasploit exploit listed in the walkthrough fails to work, seemingly because of this.

@emilyj27 said:

Any suggestions?

Its really down to network troubleshooting.

Have you tried tracert/traceroute? Alternatively make sure it has activated properly and isn’t broken.

A separate issue is that the version of the vulnerable software on the box is different to that in any walkthroughs.

That shouldn’t happen. There isn’t normally a process to patch/upgrade software on boxes unless it generates an unexpected bug.

At this point, if you are confident that this is the case, I’d be tempted to either reboot the box or report it to HTB via a JIRA ticket.

Type your comment> @LMAY75 said:

(Quote)
Thanks. I’ve tried that earlier and it does work but I don’t think I should have to be doing that?
A separate issue is that the version of the vulnerable software on the box is different to that in any walkthroughs. The Metasploit exploit listed in the walkthrough fails to work, seemingly because of this.

There are no issues with the Pn flag.

As for the vuln service being different that is an issue. Maybe try to contact support.

@LMAY75 said:

There are no issues with the Pn flag.

I agree - and I nearly always use it because there is normally no point doing a ping on HTB. However, I dont think it will solve the problem here. If the box responds to ping but not the scans then skipping the ping probably wont make it respond.

(And, yes, there are situations where it might but I’ve never seen one on HTB :smile: )

Am getting the same error trying to connect to 10.129.147.163.
Redeemer- Starting Point