Official Omni Discussion

First think this box in my mind “Wow IoT box with unknown OS…” i think this like hacking TV, freezer or something like this ? but when i first enumerating this is just windows IoT ■■■■

Good machine! Very original OS part! A bit hard to be an easy one! Thanks @egre55 !!

PM if anyone need a nudge :wink:

rooted. thanks @yack and @N1D0

PM if anyone need a nudge

@cmoon finally rooted. Thanks for the nudges. bro

Rooted the machine !!!
PM If anyone need a hints

Type your comment> @sm4sh0ps said:

Type your comment> @watchdog2000 said:

I also have the same issue with the ‘int’ not having property ‘value’ with that script. tried with both python2 and 3 (adapted the print statements of the code for python3, and anything else i could find. I’m guessing some people got this working by the fact that people have rooted the box… not quite sure what is going wrong…

This is caused by the wrong library. Try enum34.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Any nudges drop a message!

Finally rooted, feel free to send me a message for help.

Rooted!!!
Easy box!! Learnt new things too.
PM for nudges!!!

Type your comment> @Shsuleman said:

Can someone Help me? if i am using the Right Scrip Si****T ? then what next? I am stuck

Same boat. I’ve been trying to get the box to reach back and retrieve some shells but PS doesn’t seem to reach back although I can see that the box is able to ping me. Have you found anything useful?

struggling to figure out the root puzzle. I assume I’m failing to enumerate something, but I’ve checked everywhere I can think of. I’ve run multiple privesc checkers looking for info… poked around the registry, can’t find anything useful.

A nudge would be appreciated (PM me.)

Thanks to @egre55 for uploading this one

The flag reading part is a bit CTF but I think is totally necessary, this because without that enumeration needed, the VM will become an instant pwn

My hints:

Initial foothold

• Think logically! Which other operating system could run that kind of service

Flags

• You are the one, but looks like you are not omnipotent, enumerate a bit and you will find what you need

If this is spoiler, feel free to remove it

Getting: AttributeError: ‘int’ object has no attribute ‘value’ ?
it gave me a headache too.

pip uninstall enum
pip install enum34

Problem solved.

Well…this is indeed an easy machine in term of knowledge needed to go ahead.
But it’s also a trap.
It is indeed not so easy when it comes to the path to follow and the risk of getting sucked in the quicksands of overthinking.
IMHO, this is that kind of boxes that can be solved easily by beginners but not by someone more experienced…
Lesson learnt: DO NOT OVERTHINK!
hints here are everywhere…just remember that a root reverse shell is not always the final goal: if some command does not work as expected in your shell it does not means that the command is wrong…

For anyone having issues getting the script to run, first install “enum34”, then use the “2to3” script to convert the entire directory and subfolders.

Type your comment> @Sm4rtK1dz said:

Getting: AttributeError: ‘int’ object has no attribute ‘value’ ?
it gave me a headache too.

pip uninstall enum
pip install enum34

Problem solved.

thank you so much, this saved my life. The script really needs a requirements.txt file

Rooted
First time i got insane with the flags huh…
feel free to pm me for nudges

Can some one can give me a nudge how i can dump hashes after getting admin shell. i have tried mimikatz it doesn’t worked. Any help?

@parteeksingh said:

Can some one can give me a nudge how i can dump hashes after getting admin shell. i have tried mimikatz it doesn’t worked. Any help?

When you say dump hashes, do you mean the password hashes for the administrator?

This is a fun box - managed to get root before user though, largely because I overlooked something very obvious.

This box is a good example of enumeration and simple processes being the key to every step.