Official Blunder Discussion

Is anyone able to get a working shell? When I use the shell command in metepreter it drops me in but after that no commands give me a response, which is strange because a week ago it was working fine

Spoiler Removed

@zilwah I think something is broken I am having the same issue

anyone have any nudges for user?

ok so I rooted it but would like to discuss the exploit for root if someone could pm and explain why this works in the manner it does. I would greatly appreciate it.

Type your comment> @Mr10 said:

@zilwah I think something is broken I am having the same issue

thx @Mr10 are you using v6 too?

Hi THERE! I am totally new here. I have passwd and username for blunder. i trying the exploit but it return me with .htacess must be cleaned up. So i even tried resetting the machine but the response is the same. Even tried other payloads

I am sorry if i broke any rules !!! FIRSTDAY !!! Thank you.

Rooted. Message for help

There seems to be an issue with Metasploit V6, getting a shell with V5 worked fine for me. @zilwah

Type your comment> @Mr10 said:

Rooted. Message for help

There seems to be an issue with Metasploit V6, getting a shell with V5 worked fine for me. @zilwah

oh! thanks for that I knew upgrading my Kali (to 2020.3) could cause trouble, also broke Ruby (& Evil…), thanks heaps.

@letMel00kDeepr said:

ok so I rooted it but would like to discuss the exploit for root if someone could pm and explain why this works in the manner it does. I would greatly appreciate it.

Not sure I can explain it but I can point you to the blog posts and articles which were published around the time it was made public. That might help you.

@s0b3k said:

[!] This exploit may require manual cleanup of ‘.htaccess’ on the target
[*] Exploit completed, but no session was created.
Am I using the wrong payload or is it a issue I havent thought of yet?

@Bobba26 said:

Exactly the same problem. I tried all payloads, but nothing helped

SOLUTION FOR .htaccess error in Blunder!
Hello there ! This is my first box so i might be able to explain things well so just bear with me. i was having the same issue after a millennia i found the solution to it :sweat_smile:. It’s quite simple all you need to do is change the set the interface of Metasploit as tun0 as we are using HTB VPN and also use IP of tun0 as LHOST IP for the exploit to run correctly.

To change the interface of Metasploit:
setg interfaceName

Hope i was able to help and didnt break anyrules ! Its still my DAY 2 here.

Got root, nice box!
Spent a lot of time on foothold (password part), but root was very easy

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@letMel00kDeepr said:

Not sure I can explain it but I can point you to the blog posts and articles which were published around the time it was made public. That might help you.

■■■■ yeah that would help. I came across a detailed on but wouldn’t you know it. Its in Chinese.

@letMel00kDeepr said:

■■■■ yeah that would help. I came across a detailed on but wouldn’t you know it. Its in Chinese.

I’ve sent you a DM.

I seem to be having the same “shell hanging” issue on tool version 6. On Parrot it’s the default installed version. Any workarounds or…?

Rooted.

Got lucky with my choice of tools for the initial foothold and enumerated out user. Root is pretty simple, but I had a lot of trouble with my shell timing out throughout. Those of you who got stable shells that didn’t result in you pulling your hair out over timeouts, please PM me with details.

Rooted.

Foothold took a while as I was trying to belch it. After I utilized a certain framework I was in and user and root both came very easily.

If someone who got the foothold the initial way I was trying would message me with tips, I would be very appreciative. I try to avoid using e**sp*** as much as possible but had to resort to it here.

For everyone with the “shell hanging” issue :
All you have to do is spawn a bash shell to your host (GTFOBins for the syntax).
Works like a charm !

So after doing enumeration and creating a wordlist, I ran it through a certain tool. However, the tool does not provide the correct information even though its in there. Has anyone else had this problem?

This is only my second box and I’m learning loads but I have gone down so many rabbit holes with Root now i’m starting to feel like Alice. Can someone give me a quick pointer in the right direction please? I’ve gone through ftp folder, extracted config, tried listening to the wav, tried decrypting v10 users.php with the salt, found some screenshots.