Official Omni Discussion

Rooted machine, thx guys for nudgeds. Very very good box and new skils adquired

Stuck on priv esc after getting a reverse shell. From what I understand I need to become the user instead of system so I can use import-clixml without getting the crypto warning. I did see an old password in hardening.txt but it didn’t work for admin. Any help would be appreciated

Type your comment> @cmoon said:

Stuck on priv esc after getting a reverse shell. From what I understand I need to become the user instead of system so I can use import-clixml without getting the crypto warning. I did see an old password in hardening.txt but it didn’t work for admin. Any help would be appreciated

What’s the crypto warning say? Are you trying to access a file you dont have permission to? import-clixml works great for the logged in user.

Spoiler Removed

Spoiler Removed

Type your comment> @OxO said:

What’s the crypto warning say? Are you trying to access a file you dont have permission to? import-clixml works great for the logged in user.

I have access to read the file just fine. Both user.txt and admin.xml. When I try that xml file with $cred = import-clixml .\admin.xml I get “Import-CLIXML: Error occurred during a cryptographic operation” I’m pretty sure that’s because I need to be the user that created the file using export-clixml to export the get-credential object.

I know I could just use net user to change passwords then I can easily spawn powershell as that user, but I know there’s another intended method

I have access to read the file just fine. Both user.txt and admin.xml. When I try that xml file with $cred = import-clixml .\admin.xml I get “Import-CLIXML: Error occurred during a cryptographic operation” I’m pretty sure that’s because I need to be the user that created the file using export-clixml to export the get-credential object.

I know I could just use net user to change passwords then I can easily spawn powershell as that user, but I know there’s another intended method

Hint… Your importing the wrong file.

rooted. the last step importing the strange file format kept failing yesterday with the same error message as OxO, but the same commands worked today without any changes, apart from the box being reset in between. also worth saying that i didn’t need the cat, and didn’t have change any passwords - if you think you need to do this you need to reconsider your Path.

how to find critical file:

cd p…
a…b /s

I’m in the same exact position. Have you been able to solve this?

rooted! getting the flags was fun

Hi everyone
I got a shell as system (i think cause i dont know how to check the user, everything is crazy). I can read root.txt and user.txt and they are in a kind of protected format. When i run the command Import-*****l i get Error occurred during a cryptographic operation.
Can someone give a nudge on how to get the flags. also is there a list of alternatives for common commands such as whoami

Edit: i am getting error for hard****.txt

Get user and administrator Creds,login in web and execute REV shell. I can’t see the any username directory in c:\users…,it is BUG?

Type your comment> @n00baaa said:

Get user and administrator Creds,login in web and execute REV shell. I can’t see the any username directory in c:\users…,it is BUG?

look around in other directories. Its not a bug

Type your comment> @thatjoe said:

Type your comment> @n00baaa said:

look around in other directories. Its not a bug

thanks,root it

Nice box!

Is the *.**t file the intended way to root it? Would like to discuss with someone else who rooted it!

Type your comment> @camk said:

rooted. the last step importing the strange file format kept failing yesterday with the same error message as OxO, but the same commands worked today without any changes, apart from the box being reset in between. also worth saying that i didn’t need the cat, and didn’t have change any passwords - if you think you need to do this you need to reconsider your Path.

i have the same problem… The Box was reseted recently. But it didn’t work for me. Maybe i use the wrong Path?

okay nvm… i found the file with the right user credentials to decrypt the flags
→ rooted

got shell tks @Abhiiz1 , if need anyone need hint, dm

Type your comment> @Timdb said:

okay nvm… i found the file with the right user credentials to decrypt the flags
→ rooted

Can you give me a nudge on where that file is?