Official Blackfield Discussion

@marvin7408 said:
I have 2 users accounts. I am working on my third account. I have a hash but I can’t crack it. Can some send me PM to discuss?

There’s more to be done with hashes than just cracking them.

Type your comment> @returnz said:

To you and other peeps who face the same issue try this:

smbclient \\your ip\share -U ‘foo’ --socket-options=‘TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_KEEPALIVE SO_RCVBUF=131072 SO_SNDBUF=131072’ -t 40000

worked for me!

Many thanks! I spent hours trying to get some of those files. Thanks to you hint I got the user flag in a minute. Let’s go for root.

Update: after an almost sleepless night struggling with the root flag, I get the infamous incorrect flag message.

Grrrrrr :rage:

new update: a reset did “fix” it.

Type your comment> @heuvosenfuego said:

@marvin7408 said:
I have 2 users accounts. I am working on my third account. I have a hash but I can’t crack it. Can some send me PM to discuss?

There’s more to be done with hashes than just cracking them.

Yes I noticed. I have the user flag :slight_smile:

I’m stuck after USER1 (at least I think it is user1 ;). Could someone give me a nudge to help me get USER2?

@Qtang said:

I’m stuck after USER1 (at least I think it is user1 ;). Could someone give me a nudge to help me get USER2?

It really depends on who you mean by user1.

If it is the same as my user1 then it might need some obscure research into things that account can do to other accounts.

I finally got the root.txt flag only to have it rejected by the system! I don’t have time to do this again! Has anybody reported this problem?

@tejon said:

I finally got the root.txt flag only to have it rejected by the system! I don’t have time to do this again! Has anybody reported this problem?

https://hackthebox.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/user/login?destination=portal%2F1

It happens reasonably often and most of the threads have a discussion about this and popular solutions, but if you don’t report it, HTB won’t know about the problem.

The driving force is trying to prevent flag sharing so it’s unlikely that HTB will go back to static flags.

Rooted finally
PM me if need help!

Rooted. I’m interested to know if anyone did it a different way. I was able to use SB************** in interesting ways but ultimately could only get what I needed with w*****n. I’m interested to know if anyone didn’t use this.

I have rooted the machine but for some reason the root flag isn’t being accepted? Anyone else having similar troubles?

C:\Users\Administrator\desktop> whoami ; ipconfig
blackfield\administrator

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Ethernet0 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : dead:beef::fc37:9898:f577:d917
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::fc37:9898:f577:d917%17
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.10.192
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.10.2

@n3ph0s said:

I have rooted the machine but for some reason the root flag isn’t being accepted? Anyone else having similar troubles?

Two posts above yours: Official Blackfield Discussion - #341 by TazWake - Machines - Hack The Box :: Forums

rooted. Root part wasn’t that difficult but the process to get user was. If you don’t understand standard windows services, ur gonna have a hard time (like i did). But getting root feels good at the end.

Evil-WinRM PS C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop> whoami
blackfield\administrator

Finally got it!! really enjoyed it tnx for this box
#ThinkOutsideTheBox

ERROR: Incorrect hash for Backfield
—> i got root.txt
Evil-WinRM PS C:\Users\Administrator\desktop> whoami
blackfield\administrator

i’m unable to submit root flag …i got root.txt!! but showing incorrect hash for blackfield!!

@scorpion4347 said:

ERROR: Incorrect hash for Backfield
—> i got root.txt
Evil-WinRM PS C:\Users\Administrator\desktop> whoami
blackfield\administrator

Did you read the post that was three places before yours?

rooted!!
ping me for any hints and tips

@scorpion4347 said:

rooted!!
ping me for any hints and tips

Congrats on rooting continuously. Probably he might be in lockdown with Laptop & Internet alone. :smiley:

Just 4 fun.

@gunroot said:

Congrats on rooting continuously. Probably he might be in lockdown with Laptop & Internet alone. :smiley:

Just 4 fun.

it’s not actually that continuous. I thought it was a bit strange but it turns out they rooted this box a few hours before posting it, and some of the other boxes were a week ago.

@TazWake said:

it’s not actually that continuous. I thought it was a bit strange but it turns out they rooted this box a few hours before posting it, and some of the other boxes were a week ago.

Lol! I didn’t see his HTB profile. :slight_smile: