Dante Discussion

Is there anyone that I can PM to get pointed in the right direction to gaining the entry flag(s)? I’m new to this and I did all the starting point boxes and a few retired machines, but this is different and I just need a nudge in the right direction.

For all interested in this lab, while described as ‘Beginner’, there are quite a number of dependencies and tech challenges given the network topology. I think it’s closer to a medium level lab.

Type your comment> @Sennin06p said:

Is there anyone that I can PM to get pointed in the right direction to gaining the entry flag(s)? I’m new to this and I did all the starting point boxes and a few retired machines, but this is different and I just need a nudge in the right direction.

Sure, get in touch with me.

Guys, please, stop overwrite existing public keys in the authorized_keys. When you do echo ‘string’ > file - it overwrites. Instead, you can use echo ‘string’ >> file , and it will append. Please, stop doing that. Thank you!

2 Likes

Anyone on NIX02 could give a hand? PM.

I’ve got the first 4 flags, but have kind of hit a wall. Could use some help, I think the web**n is the next spot, but I have kind of hit a wall.

I just finished the entire lab as part of an eval (under a different user - htbahx). You can DM me (limelight) if you get stuck. Please tell me in advance what you have tried.

Type your comment> @fckth3syst3m said:

Guys, please, stop overwrite existing public keys in the authorized_keys. When you do echo ‘string’ > file - it overwrites. Instead, you can use echo ‘string’ >> file , and it will append. Please, stop doing that. Thank you!

And it happened again >:-( Very annoying.

Yep that one was mybad @malmoeb going to quick not paying attention. wont happen again, atleast on my end.

Hi, wondering if I should sign up for this. I’ve got my OSCP, sometimes struggle with medium boxes and haven’t done anything above medium. Will I be able to get through this lab? It’s fine if it’s hard work but don’t want to waste my money if I don’t stand a chance.

@JonnyGill said:
Hi, wondering if I should sign up for this. I’ve got my OSCP, sometimes struggle with medium boxes and haven’t done anything above medium. Will I be able to get through this lab? It’s fine if it’s hard work but don’t want to waste my money if I don’t stand a chance.

If you’ve got OSCP then it should be fine for your skills, one of the reviews says exactly this, the lab is great to do either before or right after OSCP

I’m slowly doing the lab and I’ve got to say everything so far is rather simple without being too easy.

But that’s just my 2 cents, if you can’t spare the money maybe opt for something else

Type your comment> @GlenRunciter said:

@JonnyGill said:

If you’ve got OSCP then it should be fine for your skills, one of the reviews says exactly this, the lab is great to do either before or right after OSCP

I’m slowly doing the lab and I’ve got to say everything so far is rather simple without being too easy.

But that’s just my 2 cents, if you can’t spare the money maybe opt for something else

Thanks mate, I can spare it but didn’t want to waste it, if that makes sense, and I would like a “network” to get stuck into so perhaps this is a good shout (as long as my car passes its MOT next week)

@JonnyGill said:

@JonnyGill said:

Thanks mate, I can spare it but didn’t want to waste it, if that makes sense, and I would like a “network” to get stuck into so perhaps this is a good shout (as long as my car passes its MOT next week)

IMO it’s worth it, I think it’s an all-round well designed lab for a solid pentest.
However my skills (I think) are not yet up to par with OSCP level

@JonnyGill said:

@JonnyGill said:

IMO it’s worth it, I think it’s an all-round well designed lab for a solid pentest.
However my skills (I think) are not yet up to par with OSCP level

Agree, a colleague of mine who runs our OSCP training cohort and I did this lab last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. There are definitely things that are similar to OSCP prep.

Hi talking to someone who’s only owned a dozen machines on HTB and is not very comfortable with exploit development, would you recommend Dante?

Type your comment> @barburon said:

Hey all! Did someone manage to PE on WS01 (172.16.1.13)? Please DM me :blush:

Done :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @barburon said:

Some can give a nudge regarding initial access on 172.16.1.12? DM me :slight_smile:

Done :smile:

I’m having a bit of trouble getting past the first flag. Not sure what im missing. I know which account to target, tried a few things to own it, but no luck so far. would anyone be willing to give a nudge? I’ll give respect and return the favor!

Can anyone aid me with elevating the first box?

Type your comment> @lhh4sa said:

I’m having a bit of trouble getting past the first flag. Not sure what im missing. I know which account to target, tried a few things to own it, but no luck so far. would anyone be willing to give a nudge? I’ll give respect and return the favor!

@chumb0 said:
Can anyone aid me with elevating the first box?

You both can feel free to DM me for nudges :wink: