Do you know my friend - izzie?

Back up

Just pushing it up

@opt1kz I’m not sure if you would want to go down this route. But in a way we’re here surrounded with people that thrive on finding information. Maybe you could give a resume of the information you have, like email, facebook, ip’s, whatever… Who knows, if enough minds come together, we may be able to to put all the pieces together.

I’m not sure about the legality of such actions and I should also encourage admins to step in if this would be inappropriate for whatever reason.
Anyway, just wanted to throw the idea out there that we could make this in a more active thread if people get some information of where they might start to look.

Bump

Type your comment> @gnothiseauton said:

@opt1kz I’m not sure if you would want to go down this route. But in a way we’re here surrounded with people that thrive on finding information. Maybe you could give a resume of the information you have, like email, facebook, ip’s, whatever… Who knows, if enough minds come together, we may be able to to put all the pieces together.

I’m not sure about the legality of such actions and I should also encourage admins to step in if this would be inappropriate for whatever reason.
Anyway, just wanted to throw the idea out there that we could make this in a more active thread if people get some information of where they might start to look.

New OSINT Challenge: “Where is izzie”

Sadly I have very little information I could even provide (see my post from July 24th) for something like that. I considered asking the admins for his account’s e-mail address, but I’m pretty sure that would violate GDPR and whatnot. That’s why I made this thread to begin with; hoping someone else knew him and had a method of contact that I didn’t.

I’ve gone as far as manually sifting through nine months of NSF and IRC chat logs looking for any little breadcrumb I might’ve missed and coming up empty handed. He took his privacy seriously and it appears to have paid off. Granted, I’m not an OSINT expert so maybe there’s something to find, but ■■■■ if I can find it. :confused:

Thank you for the idea/input, though. I appreciate it.

And thanks everyone else for the bumps.

That was my biggest concern when writing that suggestion: A guy in security is bound to take privacy a bit more serious than the average person… seen he’s from the Netherlands, izzie doesn’t sound very dutch. Probably not all to related to his real name probably.

Payments are pretty hard to make fake named these days, but as you say: if all goes well, htb won’t spread that information around too quickly indeed.

seen he’s from the Netherlands, izzie doesn’t sound very dutch. Probably not all to related to his real name probably.

Yeah, his location is just goofing around/trolling on his part. Lots of people do that on here it seems. I have several friends/acquaintances who are supposedly operating from Antarctica, if their HTB profile is to be believed. :grin:

Operating from Antarctica is one way to keep your processors cool I guess… a bit drastic, but effective :slight_smile:

Even though the HTB staff might not be inclined to give his email adress to you, but maybe they’d be willing to send him a mail in your name with a link to this thread?

Type your comment> @nyckelharpa said:

Even though the HTB staff might not be inclined to give his email adress to you, but maybe they’d be willing to send him a mail in your name with a link to this thread?

Whatever the cause, they don’t have permission to share user’s information to someone legitimately. Right ?

. Pushing to the top.

Operating from Antarctica is one way to keep your processors cool I guess… a bit drastic, but effective :slight_smile:

lol true :wink:

Bump

Just pushing it up

Bump

Bump

Bump - if @izzie has a legitimate email account associated with this forum he should be getting some messages.

Bump (joining in on the search for @izzie

Bump