Dante Discussion

Opening a discussion on Dante since it hasn’t been posted yet.

5 Likes

Thanks for starting this. Rooted the initial box and started some manual enumeration of the ‘other’ network.

I did run into a situation where is looks like certain boxes have changed IPs from my initial scan. Has anyone else run into this?

@limelight I’m not sure since for some bizarre reason I’m still stuck on getting a foothold on the first machine… done a ■■■■-ton of enumeration but nothing so far aside from a certain .txt file.

One thing I could think of regarding your issue would be maybe these certain boxes get dynamic IP’s from a DHCP server? e.g. maybe it’s a client PC. Can’t say for sure tho

@GlenRunciter DM me if you are still stuck. I have some flags inside the network now.

I’m also stuck on the foothold, but I haven’t seen the machines changing their ip.

Did you guys have any issue with wp plugins page? Seems to be broken to me.

"Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in /var/www/html/wordpress/wp-admin/includes/plugin-install.php on line 182"

UPDATE: Nevermind… someone restarted the machine and I was able to get in.

I have found the first 2 flags and still working on my initial foothold. I cant seem to get the upload correct for the next step can i DM someone for a more in-depth question?

@m1ddl3w4r3 said:
I have found the first 2 flags and still working on my initial foothold. I cant seem to get the upload correct for the next step can i DM someone for a more in-depth question?

PM me if you want

Is there anyone that I can PM to get pointed in the right direction to gaining the entry flag(s)? I’m new to this and I did all the starting point boxes and a few retired machines, but this is different and I just need a nudge in the right direction.

For all interested in this lab, while described as ‘Beginner’, there are quite a number of dependencies and tech challenges given the network topology. I think it’s closer to a medium level lab.

Type your comment> @Sennin06p said:

Is there anyone that I can PM to get pointed in the right direction to gaining the entry flag(s)? I’m new to this and I did all the starting point boxes and a few retired machines, but this is different and I just need a nudge in the right direction.

Sure, get in touch with me.

Guys, please, stop overwrite existing public keys in the authorized_keys. When you do echo ‘string’ > file - it overwrites. Instead, you can use echo ‘string’ >> file , and it will append. Please, stop doing that. Thank you!

2 Likes

Anyone on NIX02 could give a hand? PM.

I’ve got the first 4 flags, but have kind of hit a wall. Could use some help, I think the web**n is the next spot, but I have kind of hit a wall.

I just finished the entire lab as part of an eval (under a different user - htbahx). You can DM me (limelight) if you get stuck. Please tell me in advance what you have tried.

Type your comment> @fckth3syst3m said:

Guys, please, stop overwrite existing public keys in the authorized_keys. When you do echo ‘string’ > file - it overwrites. Instead, you can use echo ‘string’ >> file , and it will append. Please, stop doing that. Thank you!

And it happened again >:-( Very annoying.

Yep that one was mybad @malmoeb going to quick not paying attention. wont happen again, atleast on my end.

Hi, wondering if I should sign up for this. I’ve got my OSCP, sometimes struggle with medium boxes and haven’t done anything above medium. Will I be able to get through this lab? It’s fine if it’s hard work but don’t want to waste my money if I don’t stand a chance.

@JonnyGill said:
Hi, wondering if I should sign up for this. I’ve got my OSCP, sometimes struggle with medium boxes and haven’t done anything above medium. Will I be able to get through this lab? It’s fine if it’s hard work but don’t want to waste my money if I don’t stand a chance.

If you’ve got OSCP then it should be fine for your skills, one of the reviews says exactly this, the lab is great to do either before or right after OSCP

I’m slowly doing the lab and I’ve got to say everything so far is rather simple without being too easy.

But that’s just my 2 cents, if you can’t spare the money maybe opt for something else

Type your comment> @GlenRunciter said:

@JonnyGill said:

If you’ve got OSCP then it should be fine for your skills, one of the reviews says exactly this, the lab is great to do either before or right after OSCP

I’m slowly doing the lab and I’ve got to say everything so far is rather simple without being too easy.

But that’s just my 2 cents, if you can’t spare the money maybe opt for something else

Thanks mate, I can spare it but didn’t want to waste it, if that makes sense, and I would like a “network” to get stuck into so perhaps this is a good shout (as long as my car passes its MOT next week)