[WEB] Under Construction

I’ve read the entire source code. I understand the flow of the challenge, however, unsure about the newline which seems to be a part of the solution. Also, uncertain whether the private key is reachable (I don’t see how you can modify the data in the token, without it).
You can PM me or write here, thank you.

for anyone who is struggling after finding the initial interesting bit,

• don’t use any auto exploiters. automate the generation and delivery part with script but take manual input for each payload until you find the perfect payload to automate.
  • there’s online IDE available for practice and a famous repository with examples.

A really nice challenge, very enjoyable.

Happy to hint if anyone is stuck.

Solved.

I learned a lot from this one actually.

DM me if you need some tips.

@11o said:
A really nice challenge, very enjoyable.

Happy to hint if anyone is stuck.

i need hint plzz msg me personally

Solved, can DM for nudges. Had some difficulties because the tool I used couldn’t seem to read the flag (I saw it, couldn’t open). Upgraded it to a later version solved it.
Also, the guy who wrote he found a private thing really threw me off - that is not the way, just misleading.

funny chall. It gives me many things to think and learn. Feel free to dm for questions :sweat_smile:

Finally got it!! I was stuck several days / weeks with last part. A fun challenge, it did me to learn a bit more. Thanks to creators @makelarisjr & @makelaris !!

Nice box for beginners. :slight_smile:

I am stuck in Under Construction for 3 days. I have tried using SQLmap (post) for testing SQLi. I have tried injecting XSS into the input, but it doesnt seem to be of any good. I have tried to see the calls using burp, and found the public key in the JWT cookie. But i cant move on from there. Where do i go from here?

I am a new user, please ignore any mistakes.

Solved. DM me for any help. But here are my two cents:

1. Read the source code
  2. Understand the application workflow
  3. Yes the final step can be automated

Nice challenge, really enjoyed :smile:

I give some tips that could be handy:

1. If you have played with the application, you will notice that sometimes there is a strange error. This will give you an idea of what to do, but maybe you need to do things before.
  2. Analyze inputs of the application, one is giving you some information, why you need this? Maybe there is some paper online that explains how to take advantage of this.
  3. After you have figured what to do with 2 and 1, my recommendation is to setup a Flask app and point you automated tool to the Flask application.

Anyways, PM if you need some push.

really nice challenge and completely doable without any tools

uhh, I found the exploit, but i don’t know how to get the flag… Can someone give me some hints? Thx!

I don’t know why I found this box so hard. I was definetly over thinking it, I got stuck on just about every dead end imaginable.

Somebody mentioned creating a flask app to automate the last step by proxying another tool. This is a great tip and definetly one I will be committing to memory.

so i pretty much understand what’s the workflow should be, but i’m still getting
the 500 Internal empty (without the desired output within), and i’m still don’t understand
why is it.

What am i missing ?
it would be great if someone could PM me (:
thanks

EDIT: got it.

Type your comment> @myller007 said:

Nice box for beginners. :slight_smile:

In fact this was quite a hard challenge :neutral: I figured it out by getting pointers but I did not figure out why the jwt key confusion vulnerability was to be used.

how to make a simply nmap on ipaddress:port ?
i’ve trying http://ipaddress:port/ but it don’t work
someone can help me please ?

Try without the http. if it’s a website usual ports are 80,8080,443

Type your comment> @Yupsilon said:

how to make a simply nmap on ipaddress:port ?
i’ve trying http://ipaddress:port/ but it don’t work
someone can help me please ?

Guys I am stuck with this… don’t know what is going wrong. It’s just giving me internal server error even after manipulation with cookie. I am using jwt_tool for that and burp to send the new cookie… can someone help?? what am I missing?

Edit: Solved it! Found out what I was doing wrong…