flag problem is massive multimaster-fuse-remote

submitted a ticket at htb about this crazy problem. I managed to own remote and got root flag and it worked but user was not and i reseted the box multiple times, same thing happened in multimaster managed to get user flag only and submitted the flag and still got error incorrect flag same thing reseted it many times and the same problem occurred , and the latest box i done was fuse had problem with both user and root flag what is going on for real? they respond me it is a known problem but its rare to happen. What is your opinion thank you

Yep, stumbled upon this problem on starting boxes. “Shield” one (Windows box), to be precise. Got user flag, tried to submit it – “incorrect flag”. But owning root flag there marks user one as owned automatically, so I’ve just thought that was a random glitch and forgot about it.

For me, I’ve never experienced this.

However I see about 2 - 3 people a week mentioning this. I think it does suck for the people who are affected by it, but in perspective it looks like >1000 people are submitting flags each week. This means HTB aren’t likely to see it as a problem.

To this end, it is quite important that people submit tickets when they get an issue. If they don’t do this, no one knows it is going on.

thats true but it ruins all the experience you me and others put effort to own the boxes it just sucks it keeps happening to me at least everytime

Totally agree and I can only imagine how much it sucks.

My understanding (but I have no special insight, this is largely from discussions in other threads) is that HTB aren’t going to back down on this. They are concerned about the prevalence of flag sharing and believe this is an effective measure to bring that down to acceptable levels.

I suspect the best to hope for here is that they can fix the dynamic flag process.

I can’t submit the User Flags of Remote (Windows) Machine & Unbalanced (Linux) Machine.
This suck mann… :frowning:
It is the first time I managed to get user on a Hard Box and now I can’t submit the user Flag :frowning:

@KrishSai1999 said:

I can’t submit the User Flags of Remote (Windows) Machine & Unbalanced (Linux) Machine.
This suck mann… :frowning:
It is the first time I managed to get user on a Hard Box and now I can’t submit the user Flag :frowning:

Raise a JIRA ticket Jira Service Management

Switching to the other VPN servers works most of time mates. Just try it too.

Type your comment> @TheDragon said:

thats true but it ruins all the experience you me and others put effort to own the boxes it just sucks it keeps happening to me at least everytime

Yeah, I totally agree with you, it only happened once to me, recently by the way…
As @gunroot mentioned, switching from EU servers to US ones solved the problem
Moreover, the two (root) flags were also different… I think it was on Unbalanced or Intense…

@daemonzone said:

Moreover, the two (root) flags were also different… I think it was on Unbalanced or Intense…

Yeah - the flags will always be different on different VPNs and across different reboots.

I still think people need to report this, even if you resolve it. If you dont report it HTB will think the failure rate is significantly less than 1 in 2000, because that’s roughly how often I see it mentioned.

i found some commands for mr suiclin* and i tryd all of them but i dont know whats next can somone give me a hint please ?

@cyberhomeless said:

i found some commands for mr suiclin* and i tryd all of them but i dont know whats next can somone give me a hint please ?

As a hint - you probably want to ask this in the thread for the box you are working on.

@TazWake the problem is the servers 100% i mean i am in eu 3 now and all is good propably eu 2 is bugged thats a truely problem the fix is to switch to eu3 i had a old config maybe thats why. gona report it to support anyway i must submit all the flags now lol

@TheDragon said:

@TazWake the problem is the servers 100% i mean i am in eu 3 now and all is good propably eu 2 is bugged thats a truely problem the fix is to switch to eu3 i had a old config maybe thats why. gona report it to support anyway i must submit all the flags now lol

Ok - I think reporting it is pretty critical. If it is clearly one VPN, the HTB staff need to become aware of this.