Valentine

Hey guys, hoping to get some help with the username. I’ve been reading through the forums and I’m aware you have to think simple. I’ve gotten everything you need up to this point including pass + key. I’m either using the key incorrectly or just having troubles thinking of usernames. Just hoping for a bit more of a hint with the username.

Edit: I got it.

Hi all.
I’m new to the game (htb and security) and would very much appreciate some pointers. Not looking for the answers just guidance. I ran the exploit and retrieved the string from it. I also retrieved another string (hype). Now I believe the way in is through ssh, however I am nowhere near the skill level to put 2 and 2 together for this.

Thank you in advanced.

{Don’t mind this just testing my signature :disappointed: }
wwww

@IronBeagle said:
Hi all.
I’m new to the game (htb and security) and would very much appreciate some pointers. Not looking for the answers just guidance. I ran the exploit and retrieved the string from it. I also retrieved another string (hype). Now I believe the way in is through ssh, however I am nowhere near the skill level to put 2 and 2 together for this.

Thank you in advanced.

man is your man… as in man pages … :wink:

I need help with this Rsa.key i dont know what to do…i need hint

You need to look at what you think it is encoded as.

@J3rryBl4nks i can not find what needs to be decoded with that key

I cannot for the life of me figure out what to do with these weird file permissions that I’m finding in enumeration. Can someone pm me with a tip? I know I’ve found some weird ■■■■ but none of it is writeable and I want to make sure I’m not chasing nothing.

I decode the hype.key and i found the private key RSA …but i dont know how to find the passphrase

i got root

Just got root. PM me for hints on how to solve this box the official way or by using exploits.

Hey guys, I enumerated as much as I could. Are there 2 different rsa keys? Am I on the right track? I have also obtained the passphrase to unlock the rsa key but not sure what is the username.

hahaha. I see. I found the username. sometimes users name their files in a certain way.

I too am struggling with user enumeration. I believe I’ve got everything I need to login, if I can only figure out the ■■■■ username. Everyone says it’s right under my nose… PM maybe?

Got root, when you see it you will think that it can’t be that, but it is

Just rooted. Early in my enumeration I came across what was a very very quick win for the root (artifact from someone elses privesc). Only for it to not work when I came to use it. I thought it was just a trolling attempt so looked for other ways.

Then when I realise the privesc it was straight forward enough. Although someone did crash the box as I was navigating to the flag.

still not have any passphrase, iexploit the vulns but nothing in memory just see a respeated code and decoder,encoder im i in the right way please guide me

Finally owned this box. Took me forever to get user. Turns out there was more exploration required than I had thought. After struggling to get user for like two days I got root in 5 min. So it goes, haha. PM me if u need a nudge.

finally got root :slight_smile:

If anyone needs help pm me