OSCP exam

@macw141 said:

@antonov said:
Hi guys, I recently took the OSCP, and one box literally broke me. I don’t know if I can tell the name here, so in doubt I won’t. I spent around 8 hours on it and tried everything and nothing worked. I won’t know at all what to do if I encounter it again and I will fail again. So what I would like is to discuss in PM with somebody that could point me to a similar box on HTB or a hint on how I could have gone further, so that I don’t stay stuck next time. Thanks all!

You need to collect 70 points. The best strategy IMHO is to do the machine where you need to develop some stuff (who took the exam knows what I mean) and three other machines with the lower amount of points. The one machine to root (without development) with the highest number of points you should treat as “nice to have”.

Not necessarily. Rather than being “nice to have”, I found that machine was probably one of the easier machines I got during one attempt. Which machines are easier or harder depends pretty much entirely on what you are familiar with, just like here.

I think the advice I would probably give for the OSCP is if you find yourself struggling and not making any progress against a machine, move on to a different machine. Also take a break every now and then.