Unprintable

still got nothing help me with this

I solved it, but I do not understand the substitution logic, is there some hidden logic that could explain substitutions?

I found the flag!
@TRX, I hate you, why did you have to do that?

Type your comment> @5l1ph4ck3r said:

I found the flag!
@TRX, I hate you, why did you have to do that?

Because its interesting and fun :trollface:

Losing it on this one. Any pointers?

Hi, any hints to start on this challenge?

No idea where to start… Thought it was some famous software, but nothing found.

Thanks

can i get a nudge

Type your comment> @Matgro said:

Hi, any hints to start on this challenge?

No idea where to start… Thought it was some famous software, but nothing found.

Thanks

Still looking for any hint
Thanks

Hi, I am totally lost with this challenge, any hint?

Thanks

Must ask… is this true stego, or more like a really obscure crypto problem? Not griping, it just changes my approach to the problem.
Thanks!

Type your comment> @JumpingLlama said:

Must ask… is this true stego, or more like a really obscure crypto problem? Not griping, it just changes my approach to the problem.
Thanks!

Thanks to Kucharskov for helping me with the first part. I am learning a lot, working on the second part!

Edit- got the flag. To answer my own question, I do not think this is “classical” Stego, nor do I think it is Crypto, exactly (but still lots of fun, especially if you enjoy suffering). Like joeblogg801 above, I do not understand why the substitution logic is supposed to be exactly the way it is. Is it based on a classical algorithm of some kind? I have theories but don’t want to post spoilers. If anyone has a clear explanation, please teach me!

Solved, I really liked this challenge

Thanks a lot to JumpingLlama, also @R4J that hint for final step is cool af

Getting the text was easy, but I’ve been on substitution for a week. I’m reaching my rope’s end with this one. I don’t want the answer, but I do need a hint.

Please PM me rather than posting here. I like that there aren’t a lot of spoilers in the forum.

Quite mystified by what to do with all these digits in the code I’ve extracted, at first glance it would appear some substitution is needed, at least in order to close a few code loops possibly ?

Any hints on how to proceed would be gratefully received!

Getting the string was easy, unpacking it was hard as I didn’t know about the first technique and am still a little unsure about the rules to apply. Lots of trial and error was required!
A very frustrating step for me in an otherwise straightforward challenge.

May I get a nudge on how to proceed? I tried all the image stego techniques I knew but got nothing.

I’m stucked at the substitution can I get a hint in PM because I spent a lot of time trying different combinations.

New outputs today but nothing relevant…

I’m lost I’ve tried so many things can someone please give me a hint in PM ? I could tell you more about the things that I’ve tried

@trcm, Thanks a lot for the help.
That was insane!