Official ID Exposed Discussion

Okay, hardest OSINT challenge yet and I learned something new, so thanks for that @win32k . And thanks to @opt1kz for the nudge.

Really great challange! Learned a great new trick that will come in handy in the future!

Really cool experience and thank you for the support!

That was a cool challenge. Great challenge @win32k and thanks for that last push @opt1kz. You helped me see what I was missing the first time.

thank u guys, wait for the next chall!

Still lost :frowning:

do we need specific tools to solve this challenge???

Type your comment> @tummiecookie said:

do we need specific tools to solve this challenge???

just your brain and your browser :wink:

it was one of the most interesting challenges I have done recently.
I have to say thank you to @opt1kz for the best hint.

Some people rated this as simple, and it really is when you find the technique, but honestly I didnā€™t feel like to rated it less than medium, since if you donā€™t know what to do here, it becomes pretty harder to find a solution by yourself.

Iā€™m not very sure that you can solve it in different way as the intendent. You need that account.

Thank you to @win32k for posting this little gem

Type your comment> @NoYellowline said:

Some people rated this as simple, and it really is when you find the technique, but honestly I didnā€™t feel like to rated it less than medium, since if you donā€™t know what to do here, it becomes pretty harder to find a solution by yourself.

Iā€™m not very sure that you can solve it in different way as the intendent. You need that account.

Accepting/give hints from a challenge like this is ridiculous, but ok, great work.
The idea of the htb challenges is to solve it yourself.

@win32k said:

Accepting/give hints from a challenge like this is ridiculous, but ok, great work.

That is great for people born with the knowledge to solve them, but for everyone else, there is an element of learning which takes place.

Some people learn by google, some learn from previous experience, some get nudges on the forums. I donā€™t see any individual path as being better than any other.

Thatā€™s kind of why the forums exist - if you donā€™t want to give/get hints, why use it?

Type your comment> @win32k said:

Type your comment> @NoYellowline said:

Wait wait, I never said ā€˜thank you for the solutionā€™
All the hints are public posted here and if somebody tell something more itā€™ll be censored.
In my opinion some previous posts are more usefull and complete than others, but nobody has spoilered more than necessary.

For example I mentioned the needed for an account but nothing more.
You have to consider that lots of people (including me) are convinced that in this kind of chall (osint expecially) you donā€™t need to be registered anywhere.
in my opinion it is necessary to specify at least those times in which instead you need something in particoular.

This is also the essence of collaboration, the forum.

@NoYellowline said:

I agree. I think the thread for the Missing in Action challenge is a good example.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@NoYellowline said:

I agree. I think the thread for the Missing in Action challenge is a good example.

yes it is.

hate Roland :wink:

The technique in this one was pretty interesting. If youā€™re stuck, you may want to think wider than just email

Wow! Really enjoyed this challenge, learnt a couple of new tricks along the way. Very frustrating until you learn this technique.
There are some really good hints already here and the right Google search will pretty much give you a guide to take you through the process.

Type your comment> @win32k said:

Type your comment> @alienum said:

I can see the path i cannot see the flag

try harder!

Great challenge. I learnt many things I didnā€™t have a clue about.

Valeu!

@opt1kz said:
This is one of those challenges where you either know the technique or you donā€™t, and if you donā€™t it seems impossible unless someone else tells you or you get lucky. Itā€™s also one of those challenges where giving hints without spoiling is very difficult, hence the general lack of information in this thread.

You can find the new technique everyone in this thread keeps mentioning via a simple Google search. For that you need two things: The name of a service and a category. Youā€™re already in possession of both of those things. Everything is right there in front of you!

I wasnā€™t aware of the technique either and had to ask for help. What I just wrote would have helped me immensely. Ignore the stuff about browsers and developer tools for now and just read what I wrote above. Itā€™s not a riddle or intentionally vague. I promise.

This is the best hint youā€™ll get. I didnā€™t get it at first but then you notice itā€™s pretty obvious.

Well Iā€™ll be damned lol It took some searching, but I found what I was looking for. The source where I learned the technique was a little different than what was on my screen, but I figured it out. Really interesting. I would never have been able to figure it out without reading these comments.

This is really hard! Feels like Iā€™m missing somethingā€¦