Official Buff Discussion

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@maurotambo said:

i’m sorry for silly question. i have scanned and enumerated, find exploit on exploit-db modified to work (some parenthesis) and runned over buff. it gives successfully connected to webshell but then immediately exiting without the shell . Some hint thank you in advance

If this is for user then the exploit doesn’t really give you a shell (well it does, but this sucks and you quickly want something else), it gives you RCE.

If you read the instructions in the exploit it tells you what you need to do - although some of this is wrong, you can work out what you need to change by the code of the exploit.

thank you very much i will study more the instructions

@Caracal said:
Type your comment> @maurotambo said:

i’m sorry for silly question. i have scanned and enumerated, find exploit on exploit-db modified to work (some parenthesis) and runned over buff. it gives successfully connected to webshell but then immediately exiting without the shell . Some hint thank you in advance

You need to hit the right page and gave the right parameters to have RCE.

thk you very much i will study well instructions

@maurotambo said:

Look at how it generates the “successfully connected” message, and the do the same for other commands :wink:

Rooted !!
Getting to the user’s flag was a bed of roses.
Regarding the root flag it’s not difficult but you have to list well and see what services are running and ask yourself if any of them is a pretty old and vulnerable version.

“The devil is in the detail”

just got root pretty nice makes you think and read tons of stuff =)

C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop>whoami
whoami
buff\administrator

Hi everyone,

need some nudge about root

Fighting with
“Fo********d port closed due to local error: Network error: Connection refused”
using p****k

Cannot understand why…

So for those who’s going to have the same problem I had. Exploit worked for me yesterday and didn’t want to work today, I was doing port forwarding exactly the same way, spent hours for this, knowing exactly all the steps to root the box, but it didn’t work.

Something that worked is to cross-compile your exploit and run it from win box.

Finally rooted. Stumbled a lot on this one. User was incredibly easy then I spent hours going down rabbits holes for root lol

Can anyone tell me if I am going down a rabbit hole here…

/e*/u*****/

I am trying to upload a php reverse shell, and am trying to bypass the filter by prepending ‘gif87a’ to the script and using double extensions etc but still I can’t upload.

Someone please DM me where I am going wrong :slight_smile:

@daemonzone said:

Hi everyone,

Fighting with
using p****k

Cannot understand why…

Chances are your machine is refusing a connection. The service which needs to be running isn’t normally on by default and you may have a firewall in the way.

@Ninkasi said:

Can anyone tell me if I am going down a rabbit hole here…

Yes

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@daemonzone said:

Hi everyone,

Fighting with
using p****k

Cannot understand why…

Chances are your machine is refusing a connection. The service which needs to be running isn’t normally on by default and you may have a firewall in the way.

I suppose there was something stuck with the “normal” port, or the service being hit by everyone!
I switched to another higher port and retried a few (many, indeed) times, and finally got root shell! :wink:

First day, first attempt at a box. Only mildly discouraged by everyone saying how easy this is :neutral:

I supposedly have RCE access via a php exploit I found, but not sure where to go from here. I can’t change directories, I can’t upload anything, and there’s nothing to run, but I am definitely in a file system as a user.

@daemonzone said:

I switched to another higher port and retried a few (many, indeed) times, and finally got root shell! :wink:

Nice work.

@Jordo said:

First day, first attempt at a box. Only mildly discouraged by everyone saying how easy this is :neutral:

I supposedly have RCE access via a php exploit I found, but not sure where to go from here. I can’t change directories, I can’t upload anything, and there’s nothing to run, but I am definitely in a file system as a user.

The exploit has tricked you a little bit by giving you what looks like a functional shell. You actually have a browser based RCE. Read the code of the exploit carefully and you can see the step the author got wrong in their instructions as well. Armed with this information you can build it to a real “shell” on the box.

Rooted :slight_smile: A really fun straight forward box. Feel free to DM if anyone is stuck and needs a little nudge.

Ok so looks like I may have been going down a rabbit hole trying to get a php rs uploaded… but probably doable with burp. Found a working exploit though and got user a minute after.

finally rooted thanks a lot @TazWake and @kanek180

Type your comment> @Caracal said:

If you still don’t find what you need, i think there is a video from ippsec, that cover the tool (go to ippsec.rocks and find your grail).

You’re correct and it’s far better than anything i was getting from google, thanks for the heads up

Finally rooted, great machine and new knowledge learned thanks to @neon45 and @4ut0m4t4 for the hints :smiley: very helpful!